- Directly responsible for the payroll process and initiatives.
- Manage team of four direct reports that oversee the daily operations of the international and US payroll operations
- Communicate with legal, compliance, international operations, human resources, general accounting, and the tax departments to ensure the payroll process is operating effectively, compliant on all regulatory requirements, and meeting corporate goals.
- Responsible for the recruitment training, and development of staff members
- Review and resolve issues affecting company compliance, legal requirements, and client or company objectives
- Ensure SOX compliance via self-testing and continuous audits
- Support the completion of client requested payroll, tax, SOX, and accounting audits
- 15+ years of experience with payroll or accounting
- 10+ years of experience with managing complex payroll or accounting departments with large firms of 10K+ employees
- Experience with international and US payroll management and expatriate and local payroll concepts, including exchange rate processes
- Experience with accounting and accounting systems and communicating with executive leadership
- Experience with payroll tax and accounting and analyzing processes and access controls, planning improvements, driving change, and managing priorities
- Experience with system implementations, acquisitions, and transformation initiatives
- Knowledge of principles, practices, and procedures of payroll
- BA or BS degree in Accounting
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP)