Kimberly Hume is looking for a Structural Engineer with a telecommunications background to work a 6 month rolling contract based in Reading.
- As a structural SME you will actively support designs in: Civils/Steel Frame/Piling and concrete, Special Foundations, End of life and structural failure solutions as well as complete the analysis of Telecom structures.
- The role will require you to support our In-House design team, forming structural calculations, validating, and signing off the work of the wider team as well as proactively support with drawings utilising AutoCAD. Furthermore, a key responsibility will be reviewing new design documentation released ensuring this is adopted into the front-end design process whilst meeting requirements to achieve our first time-right objectives.
- You will have a BEng in Civil / Structural / Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent)
- As a SME, define business requirements and participate in risk analysis
- Develop technical presentations and proposals, and perform customer presentations
- Support deployment of solution
- Validate designs formed by the In-House design team
- Perform and review GDC, structural calculations and sign off approved designs
- Support with design and build queries from all stakeholders, including but not limited to; customer, internal and ASP’s
- As an SME, provide design structural solutions and guidance on site designs, also conversing with Internal / External customers to unblock problematic site designs
- Review / redline approved GA / DD drawings
- Ensure designs are in accordance with current design standards; CDM 2015 Regulations and Health & Safety regulations
- Actively participate in knowledge transfer, documentation and information sharing to teams, Internal and External
- Stay abreast of on new technology/technical areas and share information about solution to enable customer competence build
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office packages
- A strong understanding of AutoCAD
- You must have Site Tracker
Please Note: This position will be inside IR35.