Back Office Packet Core Engineer required for a 12 month extendable contract in Baghdad, Iraq. The position is looking to start ASAP.
Our client is one of the leading providers of telecommunications equipment and services worldwide.
The Back Office Engineer is a technical support role whose primary responsibility is to provide day to day support for the customer's network. Interacting with people of all levels in Customer office and internally. The Engineer is responsible for tracking and resolving all assigned support requests through effective decision making and problem solving skills.
The successful job applicant will present himself / herself in an extremely professional, competent manner, be highly organized, and possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. He is expected to provide these services with a high level of technical competency and independence, demonstrating experience and ability in multiple disciplines within Telecom networking.Job Duties
The successful candidate will have the following skills:
- Daily, weekly, monthly O&M activities, network monitoring, health check and system periodic backup
- Troubleshoot network, system or end user issues and provide fixes at best manner or ultimately escalate the issue via CSR if support required.
- Receive, manage and record requests; either by telephone or Web Tickets, and coordination with service delivery manager.
- Forward technical support issues that cannot be addressed by the engineer to the appropriate Level 2 or Escalation Team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve end-user operating system, Network and connectivity, software related problems, including all issues which fall under the scope of support.
- Work as a team member, providing support to colleagues as and when required.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential task as assigned.
- Contribute & Participate for the overall improvement of the network support with documents, procedures and reports.
- Document all Incidents & Service Request in the Ticketing System with appropriate details of the user.
- Work with the Internal Teams to ensure that the users’ issues are fixed in a timely manner.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction
- Monitor and respond quickly and effectively to raised or identified issues
- Document internal procedures
- Co-ordinate with customer and internally in identifying new solutions for existing and unresolved issues.
- Follow all defined process religiously and raise feedback and suggestions to the appropriate stakeholders
- Provide work support 8/5 at Customer premise
- Good / Excellent knowledge in telecom Core networks, cloud and IP
- Working experience on E/// UDC/EPC/CEE platforms, and IP knowledge
- Have working experience in Support/Managed services or integration with above products
- Good Probing and troubleshooting knowledge
- Support Process Tools, Problem Solving, and Processes
- Creativity and Problem Solving, Out of the box thinking
- Dealing With Difficult Customer-Service Situations
- Essential Communication Skills
- Understanding Customer Satisfaction
- Team work Practices, Principles and Issues
- Staying Current in the Industry
- Experience working in the Iraqi market previously.
If you would be interested in this position, please reply with your updated CV