Russell is looking for a WiFi Engineer to work in Reading on contract (until July 2022). The role involves a competitive daily rate. You must be willing to travel to customer locations and work away from home.
In this role you will be leading the work effort for assigned sites and should be able to do Predictive Surveys, RF Surveys, some Architecture and Design for Wi-Fi growth with centralized controllers and local controllers, perform the implementation work and manage other people as needed to complete the overall Wi-Fi deployment activities.
- BSc or BEng degree in Computer Science or related field or work experience equivalent,
- 10+ years of experience within wireless network engineering and other data communications fields,
- Strong background in Wireless/Mobility/Cellular networks and Networking/Internetworking devices, protocols and operating systems,
- Architecture, design, and development of end to end Wi-Fi Solutions for customers (Cisco, Cisco Meraki, Extreme Networks, Aruba)
- Responsible for RF designs, RF propagation modelling, site surveys at enterprise locations with tools such as Ekahau; AirMagnet,
- Professional or higher-level industry certifications within the network engineering field such as CCNP (Wi-Fi), JNCIP (any track), CCIE,
- Demonstrated expertise in network design – ability to lead a WLAN design-related discussion with leading questions to fully vet a customer’s requirements and develop a proposed design fulfilling said requirements, identify potential impacts of a given design recommendation, knowledge of other technologies and their network requirements/impact, ability to produce comprehensive yet understandable technical documentation (design document, diagrams, etc.),
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and interest in, emerging technologies such as IoT, SDN, NFV, 5G, and MEC, with a focus on Enterprise use cases,
- The ability to prepare technical reports, client presentations, design documentation, and manuals,
- A willingness to travel to customer locations and work away from home,
- Cellular and other mobile communications technologies such as LMR, RoIP, SATCOM, etc. NFV solutions with enterprise services (such as MPLS) and managed services,
- Software Defined solution design with vendors such as Cisco (Viptela and or iWAN), Versa, and Silverpeak,
- Enterprise level network implementations, in multiple industries, leveraging cellular data connectivity, in addition to NFV and Software Defined services,
- CCNP (Wireless) or CCIE/Wireless (preferred) or ACMP or CWNP or CMNA / CMNO.