|Type: Contract||Start Date: ASAP|
|Posted: 27 days ago||Contact: Megan Bristow|
Megan is looking for a UX Researcher to work on a 3-month contract. It will involve a combination of working remotely and sometimes from the Victoria office, with possible research in stores on occasion. £500- £550
User Experience Researchers play an integral part in creating products and services that our customers love, to help deliver profitable growth. Thanks to a long-game strategy focusing on reinvention and differentiation, we're investing heavily in people to strengthen our proposition in a fast-changing retail market. The Experience Research Team is a group of Partners responsible for and dedicated to gaining a deep understanding of our customers, their needs and behaviours. The team uses insights to shape future services, help product teams innovate and ultimately make the right decisions to remain customer-centric across the whole business.
· Conducting a range of qualitative research from discovery/generative to evaluative usability.
· Running formative and summative user research activities including exploratory methods, interviews, ethnographic studies, diary studies, surveys, mental modelling, card sorting, etc.
· Planning and running the user research process, driving integration of user centred methods within diverse, multidisciplinary Agile product teams.
· Determining measurable and actionable user experience metrics for various digital products.
· Taking responsibility for collating and presenting research ﬁndings in a concise, compelling way. Ensuring research is providing actionable recommendations and taking a stake in the implementation or outcome.
· Advanced level of experience specialising in user experience research and extensive experience of a broad range of user research, user-centred design and delivery practices.
· Experience in managing all stages of the research process independently. Excellent research planning, project and time management skills, with ability to work on your own initiative and in a team.
· Proven experience planning and conducting contextual research, fieldwork, ethnography, survey design and co-creation workshops.
· Experience in running lab-based and remote, moderated and unmoderated studies and ability to demonstrate excellent interviewing, facilitating and moderation skills.
· Degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Behavioural Psychology or related field, or equivalent commercial experience.
· Experience in user research for eCommerce and/or online retail.
· Demonstrable technical understanding of the technologies used to build and operate digital services.
· Experience working within product teams as a customer advocate & feedback channel.
· Experience in research for assisted digital and accessibility.