Test Manager required for a 12 month extendable contract based in Doha, Qatar.
The position is working with one of the leading telecommunications vendors worldwide and is looking to start immediately.
Main duties for the positions will be:
1. Managing the Test teams on-shore and Off-shore
2. Create Test Reports on the progress of Ericsson Testing and Defect status
3. To be the SPOC co-ordinating defect fixes with the Customer, internal off-shore and on-shore development teams, attending triage meetings with Customer assign System Integrators
4. Keeping the status of defects up-to-date on Customer ALM system
5. Creating RTR and release notes and communicating with Customer
6. Lead, plan and direct the activities of test engineers, maximising effectiveness.
7. Responsible for analysing, generating, estimating and delivering Use Cases and Test plans within the constraints of time, cost and quality, to the customer’s satisfaction, acting as a responsible point of contact for the team.
8. Manage and measure performance and delivery against work plans, and take corrective action where necessary.
9. To be actively involved in evolving and improving the testing methodology across Engineering teams.
10. Drive continuous process improvement.
11. To undertake such other work as is necessary to achieve the overall objectives of the Project.
The successful candidate will have the following skillset and experience:
1. At least 5 years experience of as a test manager or lead engineer in a company developing Telecommunication software.
2. A strong understanding of testing and automation technologies from both a technical and business perspective, specifically writing Test Plans, Test specifications and Test Reports.
3. Experience in managing and sustaining diverse relationships.
4. Demonstrated pro-activity in capitalising on opportunities and resolving issues.
5. Use of defect tracking systems and version control systems
6. Experience in Window and Office tools;
7. Fluent English
1. Experience of software development;
2. Experience Order Management Systems,
If you would be interested, please submit your CV