System Administrator Director
|Job Title:||System Administrator Director|
|Start Date:||2019-06-03 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Jed Parmenter Rons|
|Job Published:||April 25, 2019 15:19|
To support our rapidly growing business we want to strengthen our team with a System Administrator Director. The role will be a combination of being hands-on and executing daily tasks to further improve our systems as well as planning & management of our infrastructure team. The System Administrator Director will report directly to the CTO.
We are looking for a person with a strong eye for details and who is a firm and fast troubleshooter. You should possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and have gathered first experience with managing co-workers. You enjoy working in dynamic and process orientated workspace using agile methodologies and scrum.
- Advanced troubleshooting, fault detection, isolation, resolution and root cause analysis
- Building tools, scripts and operating procedures for continuous efficiency improvement
- Establishing and documenting operations policies and procedures for installing, configuring, and maintaining production systems and applications
- Analysing and optimizing platform performance, exploring new technologies to improve reliability and maximize performance, evaluating commercial and open-source tools to improve efficiency
- Monitoring the platform
- Team Management, sprint planning and making sure projects are completed efficiently and in a timely manner.
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- Ability to pick up a new technology, software and APIs quickly
- Solid knowledge of large-scale online service architectures (load balancing, fail-over mechanisms, CDN, etc.)
- Experience in configuration and maintenance of services and technologies such as Redis, MySQL, nginx, haproxy, elastic search, rsyslog, jenkins, VPN, SSH, NFS, DHCP, NTP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, SNMP, SMTP, IMAP etc.
- Solid scripting skills or understanding of for example bash, sed, awk, perl and python
- Good knowledge of network and systems debugging tools e.g. tcpdump, strace, gdb etc.
- Virtual systems build and management utilizing KVM/Qemu
- Experience in managing and scaling SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis)
- Experience working with monitoring and analytics tools (Nagios, Monit, Graphite etc.)
- Knowledge of systems and infrastructure security
- Experience with provisioning automation tools
- Complex network setups administration experience including routing protocols
How we work
- Agile with bi-weekly Scrumban sprints
- Flat hierarchy & open minded
- Sometimes on the edge, but we prefer to stay safe
- Jira & GitHub
What we offer
- Competitive compensation
- Company pension and bonus scheme
- Fresh fruits, drinks and snacks every day
- Regular team events
- Modern office in the heart of Berlin
- Bi-weekly massages
- As physical activity is essential in staying active and creative, we subsidize your Urban Sports Club membership.