SW Test Engineer
|Job Title:||SW Test Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Joseph McNulty|
|Job Published:||April 22, 2021 14:10|
Joseph is looking for an SW Test Engineer to work in Sydney, Australia on a 6-month initial contract.
PLEASE NOTE - Due to current COVID related travel restrictions we are only able to consider candidates already in Australia with valid working rights
The SW test engineer focuses mainly on test execution and hands-on validation and certification of the software readiness. By performing this role, the SW Test Engineer should gain and sustain knowledge of Customer products and business and operational environments as well as develop and in-depth understanding of testing methodology, tools and lifecycle.
1. Executes functional/ NF test procedures and/ or scripts either manually or by automated tools. Tracks and reports on the test execution in a timely manner with attention given to achieving a high level of quality.
2. Gathers and documents the outcome of test executions and all information needed to support on-going measurements and reporting on risks, defects, tests, and coverage.
3. Reports discrepancies and analyzes them to determine the root causes. Evaluates script failures at a high level.
4. Coordinates with Development and Infra teams/peers on the resolution of issues, overseeing the testing progress and ensuring that high standards of quality are being met.
5. Compares and analyzes system behavior vs. expected results/KPIs based on business and technical requirements. Identifies issues, proposes system improvements and performs repetitive test execution to resolve identified issues.
6. Contributes to the design of test scenarios and performs peer reviews of test cases.
7. Evaluates test exit criteria to assess if additional tests are required or if test scenarios need to be adjusted.
8. Participates in and contributes to internal design reviews of testing materials
9. Build and execute automation scripts to bring efficiencies
- B.A./B.SC in IT/ Computer Science/ Industrial Engineering/ Systems Analysis
- Experience: 2 – 4 years
- SW Development/ Testing/ Automation orientation & knowledge
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's