Storage and Backup Admin
|Job Title:||Storage and Backup Admin|
|Contact Name:||Joseph McNulty|
|Job Published:||August 05, 2021 16:22|
Joseph is looking for a Storage and Backup Admin to work in Manila, The Philippines on a 6-month extendable contract. Local candidates are required You will be required to manage all centralized storage technologies, backup infrastructure and backup technologies.
What will your job look like?
- Storage Devices Management and Availability (VMAX850F, VMAX400K, VNX, Data Domain, MSL8096 and ESL/MSL Tape Libraries)
- Provisioning/Allocation of Disk Space.
- Perform Health Check for all Storage Devices.
- Provide projected Storage utilization report for Management's reference
- Zoning & Management of SAN Switches (Brocade)
- Coordination with Vendor for Resolution of Hardware Failure Events
- Monitoring and resolution of ITSM tickets (incident/service request)
- Symantec NetBackup Administration
- HP Data Protector Backup Administration
- Manage the Backup Job Configuration and scheduling.
- Monitor Backup Job Status (daily/weekly/monthly/yearly)
- Troubleshooting & Investigation of Backup Errors & coordination with different towers for resolution.
- Generation & submission of Daily & Weekly Backup Reports
- Coordinate with Data Center Team for Daily Tape Rotation
- Upgrade and Patching of Data Protection software
- Provide On-call Support
- Strong customer-facing experience
- At least 4 Years of working experience in Storage & Backup Administration
- EMC Storages (VMAX850F, VMAX400K, VNX)
- HP Storages (XP24K, P9500, 3PAR)
- EMC Data Domain on Backup
- Veritas Netbackup
- BCV Setup
- Performance Analysis and troubleshooting skills
- Redhat/Unix Know-how
- Customer facing and data centre skills
- Must be open to travel
- Hitachi/Netapp Storages
- Storage certifications will be an advantage.