Solutions Design Engineer
|Job Title:||Solutions Design Engineer|
|Salary:||$100k - 115k per year|
|Start Date:||2019-05-20 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lee Baigent|
|Job Published:||April 10, 2019 14:26|
We are looking for individuals who are highly motivated, have the right technical experience, combined with the desire to be in front of customers. This role is a critical component to the success of the Customer Solutions Delivery process and we are looking for the "best of the best".
This role is suitable for experienced Telecommunications Engineers / Solution Architects with experience selling to Telecom service providers worldwide.
Our product is the most widely deployed, dedicated Centralized Signalling and Routing Control platform in the market – helping carriers with the migration from TDM and legacy SS7/C7 networks to IP, IMS, VoLTE and IPX.
The main responsibilities of the job are:
- Create High Level Designs (HLD) for off-the-shelf implementations.
- Conducting low level design workshops with customer architects to extract all key learning from the customer's requirements.
- Create Low Level Solution Design Documents for bespoke solutions which will include
- Architectural Diagrams
- Call Flow Diagrams
- Logic Flow Diagrams
- In-depth signaling analysis
- Act as the primary technical liaison for solutions between the customer and the company
- Participates in providing feedback to Product Management and Engineering regarding customer functional requirements.
The successful candidate will have the following personal attributes:
- Essential for this role is proven experience in dealing with deep technical concepts in the signaling plane with the following protocols: SIP, DIAMETER, DNS/ENUM, MAP, INAP, CAMEL. Other signalling protocols would be beneficial but not essential.
- Must be able to understand telephony concepts from the Core, the Edge and the Provisioning side of the carrier’s architecture, including SS7/C7 concepts and IP networks.
- Deep knowledge of all the interworking functions within IMS must be proven.
- Motivated and essentially self sufficient
- Ability to draw out call flows and sequence diagrams and really expresses a mastery of knowing the protocol specifications.
- Excellent ability to document and express the learning from the customer's requirements into a Solutions Design Document that is used to build customer specific solutions
- The role requires in-depth technical experience and the ability to stay abreast of evolving technologies.
- Excellent presentation skills
- Ability to present technically deep concepts to a wide range of engineers, architects, and design teams
- Travel will be required: between 10-30% based on location.
- Fluent in English. Speaking a second (or more) language is a big benefit but not a requirement
- The ability to work well in a team, as well as independently.
Qualifications and Experience
- A thorough understanding of voice and data networking technologies is essential.
- Four-year Engineering degree in a related technical field preferred, ideally Telecommunications, Computer Science, Information Technology. (if no degree then based on experience)
- 5 years proven experience with the technology and presenting in front of customers
- Ideal experience coming from working at Carrier Core Network groups or large vendors that sell into the carrier core network team
- Proven technical skills – which must be in the areas of Telecom architecture, IP networking including SIP, Diameter and SS7.
- Having a deep set of technical contacts across the Tier 1 and Tier 2 carriers would be a big plus!!