Job Description – Architecture and Technology Director
The Architecture and Technology Director has the overall accountability for the customer technical strategy and architecture of all services delivered. She/he is leading all the company pre- and post-sales architecture and design teams assigned to a major customer during the entire lifecycle of the contract. This includes the accountability for ensuring that the technical solutions proposed are implementable and operable by the Company.
The Architecture and Technology Director builds a trusted relationship with the customer and supports the Contract Business Unit Head (CBU Head) in delivering the solution. She/he is a full member of the core Contract Business Unit team.
The Architecture and Technology Director signs-off any new technical solution proposed during the lifecycle of the contract.
- Trusted technology advisor and global architect of the Account Team assigned to the customer.
- Leadership and resource management of the architecture and design teams assigned on a major customer or program (Architecture & Technology Office).
- Owner of the governance process on technology and service architecture.
- Representative in the joint customer technology board.
- Approver of new services development and impact assessment to existing architecture.
- Accountable for complex technical change management validation.
- Accountability and organization of the service innovation governance.
- Contributes to the effort of business innovation driven by the solution partner.
- Optimize and shapes the Technology environment jointly with the customer in line with his business requirements, while preserving business objectives (revenue, margins, customer satisfaction,…).
- Accountability and organization of information security on the companies delivered services (e.g. governance, compliance, security policy, risk management).
- Accountable to ensure that programs implement the agreed architecture, technology and designs.
- Accountability and organization of architecture and technology standard, design rules and policies during the whole lifecycle of the contract, including the transformation phase.
- Accountability and organization of design documentation (repository, architecture and low-level design templates, naming conventions, …).
- Accountable to ensure a global coherence among the different customer service blocks (data, security, voice, video, datacenter, etc …).
- The Architecture and Technology Director contributes to the CBU P&L objectives within her/his domain of accountability.
- Sign-off any new technical solution, the consulting levels of effort required as per consulting governance in force.
- Contributes to the effort of knowledge management (methodology documentation, ATD knowledge sharing through presentations, participation to the companies ATD Community of Interest, mentoring …).
- Minimum of 10 years related work experience in customer facing organizations within the telecom or IT industry (channels, local representations working directly with customer IT management)
- University degree in Communications systems/or Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong technical skills around telecommunications/IT solutions and services.
- Proven track record in driving and positioning a global technical strategy to customers’ needs
- Understand market trends, technical and business issues associated with the communication industry. Excellent business and commercial understanding.
- Demonstrated leadership and matrix team management capabilities in a multi-national environment.
- Ability to handle complex situations (internal and customer facing).
- Effective customer senior management communication.
- P&L management capabilities.
- Fluent in English.
- Program and/or project management skills is a plus.
- An in-depth understanding of the portfolio of products supported by the companies Business Services is a plus.