Software Test Automation Engineer
|Job Title:||Software Test Automation Engineer|
|Start Date:||26th October 2020|
|Contact Name:||Ross Stubbs|
|Job Published:||September 22, 2020 16:58|
Ross is looking looking for a Software Test Automation Engineer to work a 3 month rolling contract for a leading security company. Located anywhere in the Netherlands (Remote).
The successful candidate will be experienced in software and system testing, have experience in testing tools, methodologies and automated test frameworks.
Consultancy required by this statement of work will support to transition testing of projects within C2 Service Line into automated tests, starting with development for next baseline of Networked Interoperable Real-time Information Services (NIRIS). NIRIS consists of almost 4mill lines of Java-code, is released 1-2 times per year and currently require more than 1500 hours of focused testing per release (using more than 270 test cases). NIRIS is currently approved to run on Solaris 11.x, Windows Server 2016 and Linux RHEL 7.6 platforms.
Our goal is to reduce the man-powered testing significantly, and with increased automation be able to support shorter release cycles. Work will be carried out accessing facilities in laboratories at NCI Agency The Hague, and/or by working on Cloud-based development systems (Microsoft Azure). These facilities consists of all necessary development platforms, servers, web servers, etc. to support software testing in general, and software test automation specifically. Software test automation engineer will be part of team (project manager, technical lead, software developers, etc.) geographically distributed and will work using an Agile and iterative approach.
Duties, schedule and practical arrangements:
Under guidance of product owner, technical architect and a test manager/director - software test automation engineer will work on automating current test procedures, execute (automated) test procedures and report test results. He or she is expected also to be part of next version baseline testing, using automated improvement steps implemented and monitoring test automation system(s). Software test automation engineer will perform following activities:
- Drive progress of test automation, with priority focus to achieve more significant reduction of manual testing first
- Develop/conduct unit and automated testing of software components
- Develop/support manual test procedures if required
Work will occupy about 800 hours starting in OCTOBER 2020 and ending not later than 31 Dec 2020. Results will be assessed, and possibly followed by another contract for 2021. Contractor will be required to work on average 40 hours per week. Contractor will work from their own home location. He or she will be accessing laboratories at NCI Agency as a member of C2 Service Line with NIRIS Test Director/Manager. There may be travel required to NCI Agency The Hague and other sites within NATO for system tests and observing exercises. Travel expenses will be reimbursed to individual directly (outside this contract) under NATO rules. This consultancy support must be accomplished by one consultant.
- Required Security Clearance: NATO SECRET
- Candidate must have relevant and recent experience in system and software testing (certifications will be an advantage)
- Candidate must have relevant and recent experience in using testing tools (e.g. Jira, TestRail), automated test frameworks (e.g. Selenium, Gauge) and methodologies (e.g. Agile)
- Candidate must have proven and extensive experience in scripting, using a variety of tools and systems
- Candidate must have relevant and recent experience in verifying functional and nonfunctional requirements. (e.g. development of test cases, test data, etc.)
- Candidate must have relevant and recent experience in working with software development team.
- Candidate is able to speak and write fluent English since work is conducted in English.
- The candidate must have the nationality of one of the NATO nations.
- Practical experience in one or more of following areas is desirable:
- NIRIS or other NATO tools supporting Situational Awareness
- Networking protocols (e.g. TCP, UDP) and (message-oriented) application protocols (e.g. HTTP, HTTPS, AMQP).
- Continuous software integration and automated testing.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's