Software Engineering Manager
|Job Title:||Software Engineering Manager|
|Contact Name:||Julia Blair|
|Job Published:||May 16, 2022 14:23|
Julia is looking for a Software Engineering Manager to work in a 100% remote permanent role. Candidates must be based in Europe.
As the Engineering Manager for the development team, you will support your engineers to ensure the quality, scalability, availability, and efficiency of the software portfolio. In this role, you will work with other Engineering Managers and the Support and SaaS teams to identify issues and opportunities to improve the platform and core product.
The Engineering team aims to extend, enhance, and maintain core products to support hundreds of millions of networked devices for mission-critical deployments based on MQTT.
The teams are committed to ensuring application resiliency and delivering the highest quality software platform, working with agile principles and ruthless automation to move quickly and continually earn the trust of their customers place in us every day.
- Be the nucleus of a high-performing team and constantly develop your engineers. Build trust through one-on-one meetings and make your team as reliable as the software your team delivers.
- Work closely with other technical teams, product management, and support to ensure holistic success.
- You create a creative environment and champion the ideas that you believe will lead to the advancement of the software ecosystem.
- Build an engineering culture of teamwork, quality, drive to action and excellence.
- Expand the team's capabilities by hiring new engineers and developing existing ones.
- Contribute to the overall technology strategy and vision
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and can effectively coordinate and lead a team of engineers.
- A high sense of ownership and take pride in the work you accomplish.
- Experience leading high-quality engineering teams.
- Hands-on people management experience in a highly dynamic environment.
- Extensive experience in developing high-quality software for the JVM.
- A belief in a servant leadership mentality, but also the ability to lead from the front when needed.
- Excellent communication skills and an outstanding work ethic.
- Deep understanding of modern agile software engineering methodologies.
- A systematic approach to process design and a pragmatic approach to process implementation.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's