My client in Karlsruhe, Germany, is a provider of supply chain management solutions worldwide, working with some of the largest customers in the market at the moment! They currently require a Software Architect to join their team, and really hit the group running.
- Implement sophisticated client / server solutions based on Java/C++. (Any of these is sufficient, with the chance to learn how to become an expert in the other)
- Develop and improve both sophisticated Java-based planning algorithms and functionality to present computed results.
- Your area of responsibility includes the in-house development of, as well as the evaluation and selection of algorithms and implementation variants for solving complex problems as well as the selection of new technologies and frameworks. You benefit from your experience and are able to explain advantages and disadvantages and to make sustainable decisions.
- You have a degree in computer science, mathematics, industrial engineering or another degree program that has sharpened your analytical skills.
- You have first-rate knowledge of network or simulation algorithms.
- You have first-rate knowledge of standard frameworks.
- You know and master popular development tools such as Eclipse, Ant, JUnit and source code management software like SVN or Git.
- Experience in the supply chain management environment and knowledge of modern architectures and technologies in the field of Java / JEE including SOA, web services (REST), application servers are of advantage.
This role is looking for a native English speaker only. German is a bonus, but primary office language is English.
Unfortunately, this position is only open to EU Citizens, or those who have current rights to work in EU. No sponsorship available for this role.