My client has an immediate opening for a Sr Customer Support Engineer. This is a hands-on Position that requires a candidate who is comfortable working for a fast-paced, focused, small sized company directly with customers. The chosen candidate will be responsible for installing, integration and testing products (DNS/ENUM, NP, SRP, CRE, STP, HSS/HLR etc.) on customer’s premises. The role will require domestic and international travel, when possible activations will be done remotely.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Preparing installations and upgrades which includes writing upgrade procedures and test plans
- Installing software on customer systems
- Working with the customer technical staff to integrate the systems into the customer network and support the customer’s testing
- Running the designated acceptance testing with the customer to verify that the product is working as specified
- Communicating with customers to establish details of problems/requirements
- Working with other teams to resolve technical problems
- Producing system documentation for the customer and support teams
- Updating the call tracking system, providing status updates and action plans, providing customer resolution reports for issues
- Participating in the out of hours on call support rotation when required.
- BS or Engineering degree with a focus in Information Technology / Telecommunications
- Knowledge of telecommunications networks (ex. IMS) and protocols (ex. SIP, ENUM , DIAMETER, SS7)
- Linux Administration experience for RedHat Version 7.
- 5 years proven track record of performing a technical delivery role of at least 1-2 of the following products (DNS/ENUM, NP, CRE, SRP, STP. HSS/HLR)
- Experience working with virtual environments (VMware & KVM)
- Competent working in Linux/Solaris based OS environments.
- Team player who is willing to assume multiple roles.
- Possess a positive attitude with a willingness to learn and grow with an organization.
- Excellent communications, troubleshooting, problem-solving & analytical skills.
- Experience with Oracle database systems
- Good verbal and written communication skills, both face to face and remotely