Senior Video Systems Engineer
|Job Title:||Senior Video Systems Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Kimberly Hume|
|Job Published:||August 26, 2022 22:52|
Kimberly is urgently looking for a Senior Video Systems Engineer to work on a 12-month rolling contract based in the United Kingdom (London).
- We are looking for a Senior Video Systems Engineer to join our small team who supports a number of post-production facilities owned or operated by the client within the London area.
- This is a role that often requires you to be client-facing and where you will need to act as a responsible ambassador for the client at all times.
- You will be acting as a point of escalation for support calls from the first-line team and will be expected to proactively work with the first-line engineers to address problem management.
- You will also be expected to work with Project Delivery when required, which may involve costing, specifying, procuring, installing, commissioning and documenting solutions before managing the process of handing over to operations and support teams.
- As we support multiple sites some travel across London, and possibly internationally, will be required.
- You should have an excellent knowledge of post-production systems, technologies, workflows and processes and should be abreast of modern developments within the industry.
- Customer Issue handling
- Receive, 2nd & 3rd Line calls, accurately record, investigate diagnose and resolve
- Support and train the 1st line team
- Escalate to the Technical Domain Leads for technical guidance, where needed
- Maintain records and logs of work done using the department service desk tools, on the installation, modification and repair of systems
- Perform regular checks of systems, and undertake routine scheduled maintenance on supported technologies
- Have an understanding of ITIL service management principles, with a particular focus on Incident, Problem, Change Control and Configuration management policies and processes
- Identify and track trends, ensuring resolutions are progressed and implemented following change control processes
- Ensure resolution of complex issues is recorded and fed back to the support team in an agreed format and stored in an accessible location
- Deliver projects on time and on budget with comprehensive support and operational documentation.
- Focus on customer service and customer quality.
- A strong belief in and commitment to structured and formalized approaches to documentation
- Deep understanding of customer service with the ability to view systems in terms of service provision rather than discrete technical components, and should see technology as a business enabler
- An understanding that the business will occasionally require the flexibility to work out-of-hours and take ownership of service-affecting issues until a satisfactory resolution is reached
- Experience of post-production procedures and methods, Should be familiar with online/offline workflows
- Excellent operational knowledge of standard Non-linear editing software including: Avid Media Composer, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, Apple Final Cut Pro
- Knowledge & experience of shared storage and asset management systems: Avid ISIS, Avid Interplay
- Knowledge and experience of Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems
- Understanding of QC processes including all relevant technical standards:
- Knowledge and experience with Automatic QC principles and practice
- Knowledge and experience with video encoding and transcoding technologies particularly FFMPEG
- Experience with working with, translating and processing XML data.
- ACSR Qualifications
- Knowledge of broadcast video formats, protocols, and encoding standards
- Knowledge of broadcast video infrastructure, Desirable to have experience with setting up and configuring video & audio matrices, control systems & KVM and PCoIP Matrix systems
- High level of experience with fundamental IT Principles including Operating Systems (Wintel, MacOs, Linux) Networking (Routing, WAN, Security, Proxy) Authentication (LDAP, AD)
- Familiarity with API Integration (eg SOAP, REST etc.)
Please note: This position will be inside IR35.