Job Description: Senior Program Manager
My client is seeking a highly motivated and goal-oriented Sr. Program Manager that is passionate about playing a critical role. The successful candidate for this position will initially be responsible for managing the scope, development, integration, test and introduction of UCaaS offerings inclusive of new hardware and software (premise & cloud) products on time and to specification. There will be a high level of interaction with internal teams such as Sales, Marketing, Finance, Development, Quality, Network Systems, Operations and Support. This person will lead cross-functional teams that are focused on the delivery of hardware and/or software from design to release for customers. S/he develops, defines and executes project plans, schedules, budgets and deliverables; identifies needed resources for projects, defines and assigns major project roles; monitors the product/program/project from initiation through delivery.
We are looking for someone who has a positive attitude and is highly motivated to learn and grow within the organization. If you are an overachiever and want to contribute to a team that will truly appreciate your dedication and hard work, then this position could be a great opportunity. You can dramatically shape everything from our daily operations to our global presence.
- Provides program management leadership and services for product portfolio programs, Project portfolio may include hardware, software and/or manufacturing projects
- Experienced in project management disciplines such as: management of scope, project plan creation/management, risk management, escalations, tradeoffs, issue resolution, managing to deliverables, schedule delays, and other similar duties and tasks
- Responsible for maintaining and reporting project status, issues and risks and proactively driving to solutions and completion. He/she will monitor schedule deviations and assist in the development of alternative methods for corrective action at the project level
- Maintains project information (recording, tracking, reporting). Demonstrated attention to detail and exacting quality standards
- Foster productive and positive working relationships with staff with varying technical and business backgrounds and skill levels across cross-functional organizations. Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings, coordinating among high energy participants and directing towards productive results
- Drive meetings; drive actions to closure, be highly organized, able to work with multiple personality types and can maintain composure under pressure
- Responsible for overseeing planning to delivery to support of one or more very complex and high-risk projects in various stages of life. Ensures product releases occur on time, with exceptional quality, and maximize customer value
- Responsible for communicating high impacting decisions to a global team of stakeholders with varying project interests
- Thought leader and expert practitioner of Program Management and have experience working across a cross-functional matrixed environment
- Contribute to ongoing refinement of software development lifecycle processes within the organization
- Good negotiation skills, demonstrated ability to manage crucial and/or challenging conversations
- Ability to dive into issues and anticipate risk and other key understanding of critical issues Demonstrated ability to interface and liaise between technical and non-technical audiences, as well as presenting to executive management
- Demonstrated self-starter, an independent worker who can be successful in a team environment, takes and provides direction and ensures deliverables are met. Characteristics should include high energy and willingness to go the extra mile to complete deliverables
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty
- Team player. Collaborative yet passionate and motivating. Experience managing cross functional program teams across multiple locations
- Extensive knowledge and demonstrated ability to perform strategic planning, laying out new processes and guiding teams through change.
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience, 5-10 years of complex, cross-organizational project and program management experience. PMI or similar certification or experience preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to readily communicate complex technical information in an easy to understand format and capable of presenting to executives.
- Excellent project management skills and demonstrated competency in the execution of multiple projects simultaneously
- Proven ability to effectively lead business and technical teams, and able to make sound decisions balancing schedule needs and technical needs
- Experience leading projects through peer influence rather than through authority. Resilient and results oriented leadership experience with ability to hold people accountable.
- Experience with Unified Communications or Software as a Service and global cloud based product delivery is highly desired, nut not required. Must have the ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative, have the ability to multi-task Experience driving both technical and Business Process Management, Effective problem solving, facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills a must
- Experienced user of SharePoint, Wiki, MS Project and Visio, and excel
- Experience driving both technical and Business Process Management, Effective problem solving, facilitation, collaboration, negotiation and influencing skills a must
- PMP or SCPM certification is a plus
- Experience with PBX phones
- Experience with Contact Center applications
- Experience with hardware design processes
- Experience and working knowledge with at least one CRM system
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA, or Masters’ Degree preferred