Senior Network Engineer
My client are a global telecommunications provider are looking for a Senior Network Engineer for their office in Austin.
The Senior Network Engineer will assist in the design and build of the core data network infrastructure. As a Senior Network Engineer, you will help extend the capabilities of their current network to accommodate future growth, leverage new technologies to improve reliability and scale, and recommend solutions to issues that arise.
The successful candidate will be a creative thinker yet a disciplined engineer, relying on both experience and intuition to make good decisions and qualified judgments. Looking for someone who has a great positive attitude, highly intelligent, motivated to learn and grow within the organization. If you are an overachiever and want to contribute to a team that will truly appreciate your dedication and hard work then this is the opportunity for you.
- Ten or more years hands-on networking experience
- Must possess excellent working knowledge of design & implementation experience for data networking, routing & switching, subnetting and network segmenting with large scale enterprise network
- Must possess a demonstrated excellence in common Network Infrastructure and topology, LAN/WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and Network Monitoring tools
- Ideal candidate will have experience building and maintaining an internal MPLS network including BGP-TE, LSPs and VRFs
- Experience using automation and IaC tooling, such as Ansible Tower, Rundeck, Terraform,
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to hardware, L3/L2 deployment, application behaviours and TCP stack
- Strong knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies (MPLS, OSPF, BGP, PIM, EIGRP, VXLAN)
- Experience working collaboratively with Engineering Directors, SysOps, DevOps, SREs, and Administrators
- Experience working with datacenters, 3rd party vendors, and IaaS vendors
- Ability to manage multiple, often competing, priorities and tasks and follow through to completion on strict deadlines
- Ability to use discretion and judgment in evaluating problems and creating solutions for Members.
- Strong communicator able to effectively communicate technical information, both verbal and written, to a wide range of end-users, including non-technical audience
- Self-motivated with enthusiasm and ability to develop technical skills and take on additional responsibilities in order to add value to departmental and Mitel's mission and goals
- VOIP Engineering experience a plus.
- Unix administration experience a plus
A fantastic opportunity to work in a challenging environment alongside a talented team. This position includes advanced training and development and longterm career progression. To apply send your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org