Tangent International are looking to recruit a Senior BackEnd Engineer to work a 6 month extendable contract. My client are transforming their platform and have an exciting opportunity for an energetic and talented Senior Software Engineer to join our rapidly expanding agile ecommerce team.
Roles & responsibilities:
Actively part of sprint planning, backlog grooming and task estimation.
· Elaboration of user stories (technical and functional) into design sketches and coding tasks.
· Hands-on design and development with a self-organizing and cross-functional agile team using techniques such as Test Driven Development (TDD) and Pair Programming
· Influence the design and technology stack and technical direction of the team.
· Champion and coach peers in software engineering best practices and best of breed technology.
· Working closely with the quality assurance team (technical testers) to identify risks and to support the development of complex test scripts.
· Ensure that the status of agile tickets worked on is updated promptly and highlight blockers in time to get them resolved.
· Creation of POC's / Spike development and active involvement in technology evaluation.
· Participate in regular showcases of new business capability to the product owners and other business stakeholders.
· Proactively help to resolve production issues and contribute to release management.
· Programming languages:
· Build tools: Gradle (or) Maven
· Architectural styles: Web services, SOA, REST API, Micro services
· Code versioning tools: GIT (or) Mercurial
· Unit testing: JUnit
· Java IDE: IntelliJ (or) Eclipse
· Web framework: Experience in any of the popular web frameworks like JSF, Struts, Spring MVC.· Application Lifecycle Management Tools: JIRA, Confluence, Jenkins, NexusPro (or) similar.
· Working practices: Knowledge and experience of agile frameworks and practices: Scrum/Kanban, user stories, BDD/TDD, DevOps, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair Programming etc.
Please send your updated CV for consideration.