|Job Title:||SAPC Consultant|
|Contact Name:||James Bundock|
|Job Published:||June 11, 2020 16:30|
James is looking for an SAPC Consultant to work on a 12-month extendable contract based in Riyadh, KSA.
SAPC is a high-capacity, telecom-grade policy server that complies with the Policy and Charging Control architecture defined by 3GPP. It enables traffic control for a broad range of services, including IMS, contributing to enhanced user experience and optimized utilization of network resources. Knowledge on 3GPP standards, interoperability with other network elements, including GGSNs, stand-alone packet inspection nodes and Application Function (AF) units.
Hands-on Knowledge in PCRF Configurations & Solutions
• Identify technical requirements that will support new products and services
• Develop functional requirements for interoperability, scale/performance
• Lead or contribute to building test lab infrastructure, Develop and execute detailed test plans
• Research, develop and implement issue resolutions with Packet core & OCS.
• Interact with equipment vendors, internal design engineers and operations groups to identify product issues and improvements to ensure that client's service and operational requirements are satisfied
• To set policies on a per-user or per-user-group basis
• Knowledge of Ericsson Integrated Policy and Charging Control (EIPC), control Policy based on Gx, Gy and Sy stardards.
• Control access to premium content, Parental control policies
• Control access based on accumulated usage Daily, Weekly and Monthly
• Service control to ensure an enhanced user experience for services requiring a high or varying bandwidth
• Configuration & Knowledge to analyze network throughput and usage based on reports to optimize utilization of network resources by applying quality-of-service control
• Personalizing services – making services more user-friendly increases usage and builds loyalty
• Differentiating service offerings – introducing E2E QoS with gold, silver and bronze subscriptions with different characteristics depending on, for example, network load based on Usage, Location, Applications, URLs, P2P Streaming, Video or time of day
Qualifications and Skills required:
• Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering or similar fields
• 5 or more years of operational experience in Wireless Network Architecture gained in a mobile network provider environment
• Expert level knowledge of 3GPP Policy control (PCEF, PCRF)
• Strong level knowledge of 3GPP signaling protocols such as Diameter/RADIUS
• Hands-on experience working with analyzing packets and profiling network traffic tool Wireshark
• Experience with Ericsson(SAPC) and Huawei PCRF, virtualization knowledge is a strong plus