SAP Project Manager required for a 6 month extendable contract to be based in Muscat, Oman.
The position which is looking to start ASAP is working for one of the leading mobile operators in Oman.
The position will be to manage medium up to large scale ICT enterprise software applications (mainly, SAP or Oracle) projects throughout their lifecycle. The Project Manager is responsible for defining, planning, tracking and managing the project, for identifying key resources and providing the direction they require in order meeting project objectives. The Project Manager provides leadership to cross-functional teams responsible for delivering defined project outputs to time, budget and project quality criteria. They also ensure adherence to project management methodology practices, provide team coaching, evaluate the performance of team members and reinforce the enterprise knowledge management through the collection and communication of lessons learned. The Project Manager has ability to manage relationship with project stakeholders, including internal and external clients. The Project Manager may be asked to assist during the Opportunity Management Phase of the customer engagement by providing input into the proposal or completing specific proposal deliverables - especially in the area of delivery model, project structure, organisation, scoping, estimation and risk assessment.
The successful candidate will have the following skillset
- 6-8 years at minimum of IT/Telco project management experience, out of which a 3-4 years at minimum in executing medium up to large scale projects of enterprise software applications (mainly, SAP or Oracle), to include upgrade(s) or full life-cycle implementations
- Solid understanding of the enterprise software application (mainly, SAP or Oracle) solutions and of the consulting business processes & functions; Highly developed business acumen;
- Liaison and consultative skills: negotiating skills within a context of high political sensitivity and conflicting interests;
- Strong writing, mentoring, decision making, communication, and meeting facilitation skills; ability to utilize a combination of formal authority and persuasion skill sets;
- Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle Models (Waterfall and Agile).
- Thorough knowledge of project management tools such as Critical Path Methodology (e.g. MS Project or Primavera)
- Good knowledge of cost control, planning and finance
- Experience with migration projects
- Arabic speaking will be a plus.
If you would be interested, please submit your CV