Quantity Surveyor - Braintree
|Job Title:||Quantity Surveyor - Braintree|
|Salary:||£38k - 40k per year|
|Start Date:||2018-02-28 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Ashleigh Ryan|
|Job Published:||February 06, 2018 11:11|
Quantity Surveyor, Braintree, £38-£40,000
My client, a bespoke company in Telecommunications Engineering, are currently seeking a Quantity Surveyor to complete the contractual & commercial governance of complex structural engineering tenders and projects.
The Quantity Surveyor will be based mainly in Braintree and will have strong negotiation skills.
- Negotiation of contract terms/conditions
- Submission and agreement of interim valuations and final accounts
- Managing entitlement to loss and expense including compilation, submission and negotiation of claims
- Procurement of subcontractors including negotiating contract sum and terms & conditions
- Monthly contract reviews, audits and raising early warnings of contract risks
- Train junior project managers in commercial best practice
- Contribute to internal process creation and improvementManaging contract disputes
- Managing subcontract accounts including interim valuations, claims and final accounts
- Tender preparation including production of engineering cost plans and estimates
- Value engineering input during project design stages
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Proven quantity surveying experience and cost management of complex engineering or construction projects
- Knowledge of commonly used construction contracts and contract law
- Excellent written and verbal communication with the ability to communicate with all internal and external partners
- Experience in one or more of the following key sectors would be an advantage; telecoms infrastructure, structural steel, facilities management.
- A self-motivated individual and ideally a member of a professional Institution or close to achieving professional status.
Nice To Have Qualifications and/or Experience
- Degree qualified in quantity surveying, or civil/structural engineering
- Experience of mitigation and adjudication processes
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS), although not essential
To apply for this position or if you have any questions, get in touch with me directly on;firstname.lastname@example.org
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's