Project Engineer - London Managed Service Provider – Permanent £55k
This is a great role for an enthusiastic and creative Project Engineer who is looking to work in a fresh and exciting Managed Service Provider currently growing at circa 20% YoY. This role needs to be filled immediately and reports directly into the Technical Architecture Manager.
We are looking for a Project Engineer with experience of successful delivery Networking and Cloud Migration Projects, with experience of public cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google), to join a leading Managed Service provider based in North West London.
This is a great role for an enthusiastic individual to directly impact the implementation of cutting edge infrastructure into some of the City’s leading enterprises.
Please note you must have the right to work in the UK.
- Virtualisation platforms – Strong understanding of and experience with VMware – VCP preferred;
- Strong knowledge and experience migrating workloads to public cloud platforms, Office365 & Azure;
- Full Microsoft stack knowledge, Server 2008-2016, Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, SQL, server migrations and upgrades;
- Strong understanding of networking, including fundamentals, routing, VPNs and experiencing migrating and installing networking hardware from various vendors;
- Good understanding of Linux;
- Experience of scripting via Powershell;
- Strong experience and knowledge of various backup technologies, disaster recovery, bare metal recoveries etc;
- Strong understanding and experience of Exchange including initial configuration, DAG, migration, monitoring;
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis skills.
- Knowledge of other non-Microsoft cloud platforms AWS, Google etc
- Knowledge and experience of session based hosting / VDI – VMware, Citrix, Terminal services etc
- Strong storage skills, Fibre channel, ISCSI, SAN and NAS
- Network certification including CCNA
Act as technical resource, in support of project installations which utilise a variety of technologies
Technically approve planned installations, upgrades and change requests. Ensure that appropriate technical implementation plans, test plans, and contingency plans are in place and ensure that existing systems are not compromised by any proposed changes.
Provide Technical pre-sales support to the sales team including the preparation of technical proposals and delivery of technical presentations to customers and potential customers.
Identify and propose new technologies to the Technical Architecture Manger / Chief Technical Office for consideration.
This role will report directly into the Technical Architecture Manager and provides an excellent opportunity for those looking to learn, grow and take on responsibility.
The salary for this role can range up to £55k for the right candidate.
For a confidential discussion of this and other opportunities please email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01277 635819 for a confidential discussion.