Product Owner (NFV)
|Job Title:||Product Owner (NFV)|
|Start Date:||2019-03-25 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Lee Baigent|
|Job Published:||February 20, 2019 19:17|
Product Owner, NFV
The Product Owner, in conjunction with a Product Manager, is responsible for defining new product feature enhancements, maintaining the near-term tactical product roadmap, planning and directing activities to ensure the timely development and delivery of reliable and efficient solutions to business requirements, and developing acceptance criteria to validate that the resulting product meets initial requirements.
Product Owners will have deep technical experience and understanding of their product area. Product owners are expected to be SME’s that support customer activities such as requests for information or quotation, bids, bid defense, and proof of concepts where appropriate.
This position is primarily focused on working with internal constituents (e.g., architecture, engineering, test and devops) on high-quality, timely and complete delivery of assigned products. The Product Owner is expected to translate market needs into tangible, executable activities and ensuring the product is delivered to those needs.
Responsible for both adhering to and enforcing the Agile methodology, the Product Owner prioritizes the product backlog and works with the delivery team to commit to work for each sprint and determine how many sprints will be required to deliver the full product release.
- Work with the assigned Product Manager to understand customer/market business requirements and translate them into executable product use cases and scenarios
- Develop subject matter expertise related to products and technical best practices
- Primary liaison between product managers and development team
- Partner with engineering team leads to ensure backlog stories are actionable by delivery teams
- Own prioritization of the product backlog, including definition of user stories and acceptance criteria, managing to the near-term tactical product roadmap
- Work with assigned engineering scrum teams to plan workflow, and define user stories and acceptable criteria
- Define sprints and manage backlog to plan
- Build, maintain, and prioritize product backlogs based on business priorities
- Identify and escalate issues/obstacles associated with the delivery of the defined product
- Demonstrate an unwavering sense of accountability for the development and delivery of our products.
- Assist product management with product vision and road map
- Assist technical writers and publishers on internal documentation of product operations, features, and enhancements.
- Deliver a finished product (including adequate testing and appropriate functional and performance capabilities) as co-defined with the Product Manager
- Other duties and tasks as assigned from time to time (product demos, technology research)
Required Experience and Knowledge
- 7+ years of experience in the telecommunications industry, preferably working with or for Tier 1 carriers
- 5+ years of technical experience in networks and signaling core
- Working knowledge of Virtualization (VMware, KVM), Orchestration (Openstack, Cloudify, CORD), and Automation (ONAP, OSM, Ansible Tower)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively represent the company to external audiences
- Prior experience in working with product management and engineering teams
- Travel: must be able to travel (US and other countries), maintain a current passport, and have a driver’s license
- English: fluent in written and professional oral communication (internally and with customers)
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required. STEM background required.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's