Tangent International are looking to recruit a Payroll Administrator to work a 3 month extendable contract based in Birmingham for a Social Justice Charity.
- Demonstrable experience of effectively working with electronic and computerised HR/payroll systems across a multi-site organisation
- Demonstrable experience of administering and co-ordinating general payroll and pensions activities
- A track record of working efficiently and effectively with an outsourced payroll provider.
Main skills and abilities
- End to end processing of the monthly payroll, accurately and on time using payroll software
- Checking, calculating and processing salary adjustments to include but not limited to) starters, leavers and student payments
- Checking, calculating Increments including those associated with annual pay reviews
- Calculating and processing other payments including SSP, SMP, additional payments, honorariums, attachments of earnings, season tickets etc…
- Processing and submission of HMRC forms such as P45, P46, P60, P11D and P38 etc…
- Successfully and consistently complete full reconciliation of the payroll
- Working with more than one pay group
- Ability to effectively manage complex payroll information at a peak times of the payroll cycle, e.g. payroll cut off dates
- Clearly communicate detailed numerical (wages and salaries related) information to staff, managers and external stakeholders; verbally and in writing
- Ability to plan, organise and prioritise workload to meet deadlines and ensure the payroll cycle is effectively managed, e.g. all staff and workers receive accurate and timely payments
- Ability to work on own initiative and enterprise, e.g. develop new systems, processes and minimise potential employee relations issues by effective co-ordination of payroll activities
- Ensure all payroll queries are responded to in a timely and efficient manner
- Good ICT skills and high levels of proficiency with MS Office packages - particularly Excel - in order to produce and communicate information and reports to suit a number of internal and external audiences.
- A personal commitment to Equality and inclusion
Essential Knowledge and qualification
- Good understanding of HMRC rules and regulations in relation to pay, wages and pensions
- Working with ADP or any hosted payroll software system
- CIPP or equivalent qualification
Please send your updated CV for consideration.