I am currently recruiting for an Onshore DBA to work a 12 month extendable contract based in KSA.
The position is to work for one of the leading multinational networking and telecommunications equipment and services companies.
The main duties for this position are details below. The successful candidate will have previous experience on all of the below activities.
- Reporting to management on the Oracle DBA team activities
- Providing root cause analysis of service disruptions
- Troubleshooting escalated Oracle database issues
- Defining, documenting and maintaining Oracle DBA team processes
- Providing Oracle 10g/11g/12c database administration, database security and production support, primarily in a UNIX environment
- Installation and maintenance of Oracle databases
- Planning and execution of database backup and recovery
- Providing database diagnosis and tuning for performance and stability
- Managing physical database design and implementation, database security implementation and monitoring
- Researching and recommending solutions that best meet business needs and Enterprise operational requirements
- Attending meetings with client to evaluate their business needs
- In conjunction with the Production Support Manager define and implement KPI’s for the DBA team, in alignment with the Production Support Strategy and Operational Plan
- Ensure that the performance of all production services is maintained at the highest possible level, to meet and exceed the relevant SLAs.
- Ensure that the processes and procedures involving all production services are kept up to date, and are being followed appropriately.
- Performs database re-organisations as required to assist performance and ensure maximum uptime of the database.
- Administrate and Tune JDBC Connection Pool and Multiple pool configurations with Oracle.
- Sizing and Tuning JVM Heaps for OC4J along with Tune JDBC Connection Pool and Multiple pool configurations with Oracle .
- Install and configure Oracle HTTP Server (OHS) 10g and 11g along with Configure high availability.
- Ensure oracle application servers up and healthy.
- Enforces and maintains database constraints to ensure integrity of the database.
If the above duties match your experience and you are interested in the position, please submit your CV and a member of our team will be in contact.