|Job Title:||OHS Officer|
|Start Date:||2019-03-01 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Smith|
|Job Published:||February 24, 2019 11:15|
OHS Officer required for a 12 month extendable contract based in Riyadh, KSA.
The position is looking to start ASAP and will be paying a monthly salary of SAR 13,500 plus usual KSA benefits.
Our client is one of the major global telecommunications vendors, experience working in telecommunications will be beneficial.
- To act as overall focal point for any OHS related activities within the project or assigned area of work
- To lead the team of OHS inspectors and / or perform OHS inspections, as needed by the project teams
- To advise improvement areas based on the analysis of the trends.
- To prepare, implement, and modify as required, the Project OHS safety plan based on OHS requirements, OHS standards, Local Legal Requirements, Customer OHS requirements and any other such legislation.
- To prepare, implement, and modify as required, the Project Risk Assessment, wherein all project related hazards are identified, adequately controlled and monitored to reduce risk to employees, contractors, members of the public
- To conduct training & awareness sessions, as required, with company personnel & contractors, related to the project or assigned area of work.
- To be the lead advisor on any incident investigation, including conducting effective and pertinent investigation analysis, reporting on incident as per company standards, proposing and following up on determined corrective and preventive actions.
- Perform random audits / inspections to ensure optimal site OHS safety. This may include internal project audits, to suppliers or any other areas of the company's operations.
- Perform planned internal audits, as required by OHS team, to ensure compliance to the OHS requirements.
- Capable to compile reports on periodic basis to project management team.
8-10 years working experience, out of which min. 4-5 years’ experience in an OHS Officer (or similar) role, preferably in a telecom environment or construction industry,
Ideally should have technical degree / qualification, e.g. engineering. Additional qualifications / certifications in Occupational Health & Safety is preferred (e.g. First Aid, Fire Fighting, Working at heights, etc.)
NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) is a must
Experience in leading a team and / or advising on OHS activities to senior personnel is highly desired;
Experience in developing OHS management system (e.g. OHS plans, risk assessments, method statements) internally and experience in evaluating and leading Subcontractors OHS practices would be highly desired
Organizing & delivering HSE trainings and inductions internally and with subcontractors externally, would also be looked at favourably
The ideal candidate would also have experience dealing with internal / external customers, or at least have demonstrable qualities to put “customer first” e.g. good communication and presentation skills
Multilingual person is preferred, however excellent command of spoken and written English is required;
Capable to drive and perform site visits as needed by the project KPI’s;
Driving license is a must; Able to travel as needed;
Must be proficient in usage of computers, with knowledge in standard office programs (such as Microsoft Office).
If you would be interested in applying, please submit your CV