MS SQL Database Admin required for 12 months extendable contract based in Dubai, UAE
The Senior Database Administrator will have skills in one or more areas relating to the management and delivery of Database based services.This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the Initiation and Planning phases of standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of needs, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle
Duties for the position mentioned below. Should have previous experience with these.
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information.
- Should have strong Knowledge about the architecture and troubleshooting of Database Concepts / Features.
- Should have good knowledge and experience in troubleshooting Performance Issues and Preparing RCA's.
- Should have strong Experience in installation of Databases (SQL Server) in Standalone and In Cluster Servers, Patching, Upgrading them.
- Troubleshooting the Databases (SQL Server) Setup Failure Issues. Should be good in troubleshooting Cluster Failover Issues and analyzing the log Files.
- Should have knowledge about new features in Databases ((SQL Server)) and implementing them.
- Should have very good understanding about the SQL Server Architecture.
- Should have worked in migration of SQL Server and should be aware of the pre and post steps.
- Experience in TSM and TDP would be an added advantage.
- Should be good in maintaining databases by performing regular maintenance of the databases.
- Should be an independent player, own activities and drive them for completion.
- Should have experience in leading the team and driving them to complete the task.
- Should act as a SPOC for the Client and should be able to own the entire task and deliver them on time.
- Should have understanding about the database audits.
- Must have experience of managing multiple MS-SQL Server database versions.
- Should have worked on High availability techniques AOG /MS-SQL replications.
- Must have worked on disaster recovery scenarios Must have Proficiency in SQL Server Backup and Recovery
- Should have worked in more than one OS platform preferably on Windows.
- Must have experience in managing global databases
- OCP/OCA/ITIL/MCP Certification will be an added advantage
- Knowledge on writing Shell scripts will be an added advantage.Any relevant certifications related to database like MCSE, MCSA is a must!
Experience in Telecoms preferred.
Good salary + UAE law benefits (visa, medical, paid vacation, annual flight and end of service bonus).
Please send me your CV!