|Job Title:||Mechanical Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Fay White|
|Job Published:||May 24, 2022 19:40|
Fay is looking for someone to work a Mechanical Engineer role on a 6-12 month contract.
- At all times adhere to the client’s health and safety, environmental and food safety standards, and work to all applicable legislative procedures. Responsible for LOTO
- Maintain a safe and organised workplace environment through adherence to the Safety and 5S MMS practices
- Provide crafts resource (electrical and mechanical) to the Operations team
- Accountable to ensure all assigned Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules are carried out at the defined frequency and completed to the required standard.
- Coach operators to perform autonomous maintenance tasks as required.
- Support capital work, including installation, commissioning and testing within area as required. Responsible for feeding into early equipment management
- Make full use of SAP - SAP reporting & recording completion
- Review RCM activity on a weekly basis
- Understands and uses MMS principles tools and techniques, contributing positively to MMS ITFs =
- Manage personal data in Workday g. P4G and personal details (specific responsibilities to be clarified)
- Attend and contribute to SIC process. Complete short interval control documentation on activities.
- Raise 5 why’s as defined by agreed trigger points. Work with Operators and team leaders to play a proactive role in situational problem solving on shift. Fixing problems and finding solutions via RCPS
- Participate in line improvement projects, a skills & experience allow
- Engage in start of shift meetings and performance based team meetings to raise and address persistent performance issues.
- Participates in weekly asset care review meetings
- Anticipate issues and be more proactive in approach
- Support TLS & Operators to build asset care and RCPS capability
- Attend all Tier 1 meetings, contribute to the agenda and complete actions as required.
- Numerical/verbal reasoning, Computer literate
- Understanding of Asset Performance and maintenance philosophy with excellent Process Improvement and root cause problem-solving skills
- Multiskilled or willing to become
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to work in a team and be an effective team member, good communication skills
- Has strength of character to challenge poor team behaviours and non-adherence to standards
- Surfaces problems, doesn't hide them
- Is an ambassador for Manufacturing Excellence and continuous improvement
- Responds to change in a positive and flexible manner.