My client is a leader in the Financial industry and is now expanding the business to keep up with demand.
They now require a Lead Developer who will be expected to work closely with the stakeholders of the business to build and architect software development solutions for all upcoming projects. The Lead Developer will need to design, develop and install software solutions for the platform that we will build to support the process automation. Ultimately, this role is to build high-quality, innovative and fully performing software that complies with coding standards and technical design.
• Execute full software development life cycle (SDLC) of the platform
• Develop flowcharts, layouts and documentation to identify requirements and solutions
• Write well-designed, testable code
• Produce specifications and determine operational feasibility
• Ensuring all documentation is written for all project teams on functionality, technical specification, system architecture, component design, test cases and reporting.
• Integrate software components into a fully functional software system
• Develop software verification plans and quality assurance procedures
• Ensure adequate documentation is completed for conceptual design, system architecture, functionality and technical specification on each project delivered
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing systems
• Deploy programs and evaluate user feedback
• Comply with project plans and industry standards
• Leverage cutting-edge technologies to ensure software is updated with latest features and outstanding user experience
The successful candidate:
• Has a minimum degree level qualification in Computer Science, Architecture or equivalent
• Proven work experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
• Experience designing interactive applications, APIs
• Extensive experiences in Back End technologies: Open Source tools (Joomla Content Management System), PHP and the MySQL database
• Ability to develop software in Java, Ruby on Rails, C++ or other programming languages
• Excellent knowledge of relational databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
• Experience developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
• Experience with test-driven development
• Proficiency in software engineering tools
• Ability to document requirements and specifications
• Has knowledge of the financial industry
• Has understanding of high frequency trading platforms and automation
• Has good knowledge of mobile apps technologies and social networking
• Must be a self-starter
• Must remain a hands-on developer
• Must be a team player
For this role you must be able to think outside the box, challenge those in authority and be career driven as you will be working in an expanding and developing business. Of paramount importance is a desire to achieve, passion and pride in your work and to never settle for mediocrity.