Java Software Engineer - London
My client is a Unified Communications As A Service (UCaaS) company specialising in business telephony solutions.
Having just won the Best VoIP Provider Award 2017, they want to invest further in bespoke applications and integrations to stay on the leading edge of business telephony. To that effect they are hiring software engineers to take its in-house development to a new level.The successful candidate will join a skilled development team whose focus is to develop a variety of products enhancing the capabilities of the companies phone system.
These range from internal tooling to external APIs, web applications, and integrations with 3rd Party software systems.This is a great opportunity to get involved with the process of shaping the development efforts early. It will provide a chance to have real impact on the process of development, and learn new skills.
- Designing, implementing and testing new software including RESTful APIs, web applications and standalone applications with high level of integration with the internal phone system
- Maintaining and improving legacy software
- Working towards improving development cycle
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or similar subject (2:1 minimum)
- Experience with Java, SQL and HTML
Candidates are also expected to have experience some, but not all of the following:
- Apache Wicket
- Java 8
- JPA (Hibernate)
- Basic Computer Networks
- Test Driven Development
- Dependency injection (Google Guice)
- Build Automation Tools (Gradle)
- OAuth (OAuth2)