|Job Title:||Java Developer|
|Start Date:||2018-01-29 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Matthew Fulbrook|
|Job Published:||March 05, 2018 10:15|
Java Developer - Central London
You'll be joining my client at a really exciting time and will be part of their IT team that sits at the forefront of delivering digital strategy.They are looking for a Java Developer to join the API team, to build and maintain the RESTful APIs that will underpin internal and customers digital apps.
The successful candidate will be someone that has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is comfortable working with customers, to understand how they use core API services.
You'll be self-motivated and keen to develop your career and do great work! And also be a strong team-player who is able and willing to roll-up their sleeves to support/nurture others when required.You will have an agile mind-set, focused on delivering small, value driven enhancements often. Achieving that with scrum teams that include UX Designers, Developers, Testers, BAs and Solution Designers:
- To create brand new experiences.
- Small changes to existing products.
- Investing in maintaining our existing products to improve code quality against our core development principles.
Within the Scrum Team you will:
- Negotiate, influence, effectively challenge and gain commitment.
- Help shape product backlogs, new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives, programmes or projects on systems/applications.
- Be able to identify and create epics, write user stories, t-shirt sizing and pointing.
You'll sustain their culture of continuous improvement both from a process and technical perspective, ensuring that:
You concentrate on :
- Building & Production Ready; software when it leaves Development.
- If you change code, you only ever make it better: Ratchet.
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed.
- You keep re-use at the forefront of your mind
- Only design and build software that is & cloud ready
- Frequently delivering & high-value; features to our customers.
You will have :
- Technical expertise in Java Development and associated frameworks (Junit, Cucumber, Jenkins, Spring, Maven).
- Hands on experience of developing with RedHat FUSE, Apache ServiceMix or Apache Camel.
- Hands on experience of designing, building and supporting RESTful APIKnowledge of and interest in industry direction and trends within RESTful API development.
- Strong experience of server side Java development and associated concerns (eg. thread Management, database access, ORM and security)
- Hands on experience with working on high volume systems >100-1000 TPS.
- Experience of working in geographically dispersed teams.
- A strong working knowledge of Agile Software Architectures, GoF OO Software Design Patterns, Test and Behaviour Driven Development.