Your responsibilities will be approaching prospects within our target verticals, identifying opportunities, and managing these opportunities through to contract signature.
The role of the IT Sales Consultant is to help grow my client's recurring revenue business by approaching prospects within our target verticals, identifying opportunities, and managing these opportunities through to contract signature.
You will be supported in your efforts by a content-based digital marketing programme, a series of in-person events, as well as an active telephone based lead generation programme, which is currently outsourced
· Deliver, significant and profitable, net-new recurring business by identifying, cultivating, and maintaining (at all times) a list of at least 25 named accounts and associated opportunities within each of our target verticals, and driving opportunities through to contract closure.
· Working independently but supported by the MD, CTO and the Commercial Director manage all qualified opportunities through to completion.
· Build robust, long-term, sustainable client relationships with new customers, while leading through major bid campaigns, with a target of obtaining 5 referrals per month from existing clients.
· Participate in marketing campaigns and events to raise my clients profile in the market to establish the business as a strategic long-term partner for our customers.
· Daily management of your pipeline to ensure the CRM system is up to date and is a true and accurate reflection of the current deals.
· Demonstrate a high level of domain knowledge and awareness with an in-depth understanding of the specific sector(s), including the key industry issues and trends, key competitors where appropriate, customer insights and business drivers.
· Provide weekly updates and reports including forecasted margin, lifetime value which includes potential future upsell opportunities.
· Support your colleagues and management with the delivery of the overall sales strategy.
Your Background & Skills:
· B2B sales experience at either a IT managed service provider, or to the financial services, property, retail or healthcare sectors.
· Ambitious to succeed and generate new business, motivated by targets and closing deals.
· Proven experience in personally closing new business from initial enquiry and selling complex solutions
· Demonstrable experience of achieving sales targets and driving significant year-on-year revenue growth.
· Previous experience in an inside sales/telesales role is desirable, but not essential.
· Articulate and has the ability to present complex ideas, succulently and clearly to customers.
· Numerate and comfortable with discussing pricing and financial data with customers.
· Demonstrable experience with working independently and to tight deadlines.
· Ability to identify and adjust accordingly your communication/presentation style to reflect the requirements of the recipient.
· Have a client-centric attitude, where the customer comes first.
· Bright, charismatic, positive, proactive and committed, with a strong work ethic and high levels of energy and honesty.
· Have strong commercial contract experience and first-class negotiation skills
· An ambitious and enthusiastic self-starter.