IT Officer - Networks
|Job Title:||IT Officer - Networks|
|Salary:||£200 - 250 per day|
|Reference:||IT Officer - Network|
|Contact Name:||Naomi Conn|
|Job Published:||March 29, 2018 11:11|
Tangent International are seeking a IT Officer to work a 4 month extendable contract based in Bristol.
Rate - £220 per day
Knowledge & Experience
- Knowledge of Network Fundamentals through all levels of the OSI 7 layer model.
- Practical knowledge of working with network hardware
- Cisco Routers, Switches and Firewalls
- Aruba wireless controllers and Access Points
- Palo Alto Next Generation Firewalls
- Cisco QOS
- Undertaking network fault investigations in local and wide area environments, using information from multiple sources.
- The support and administration of firewall environments in line with ICT security policies.
- Upgrading network equipment to the latest stable firmware releases.
- The configuration of switching and routing equipment.
- Knowledge of Incident and Request call logging practices
- Able to work within the confines of an ITIL structured Change Management process
- Have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications or equivalent including the following: email (Outlook or equivalent), word processing (Word or equivalent), spreadsheets (Excel or equivalent) using the internet (internet Explorer or equivalent) Have a willingness to learn new applications and technology as appropriate.
Abilities & Aptitudes
- Flexible in their work approach.
- Willing to work from various locations
- Able and willing to drive between various locations
- Good communication skills
Knowledge & Experience
- Basic practical knowledge of Linux platforms
- Knowledge of telephony technologies such as VOIP, PSTN & PBX
- Capacity management and auditing of IP addressing and hosted devices within data centres.
- Monitoring performance, troubleshooting network problems, outages and scheduling upgrades.
Flexible in approach & able to work between the hours of 09:00 – 17:00 on Mondays - Thursdays
Flexible in approach & able to work between the hours of 09:00 – 16:30 on Fridays
If you are interested, please send me your updated CV for consideration.
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's