Insight Analyst - Birmingham
As the Insight Analyst, you will use advanced mathematical and analytical methods to help the business solve problems and make better decisions. You will work within the insight team, to provide a comprehensive management information, analytics and business modelling service to contribute to the cost effectiveness of the business.
Within this role, you will be responsible for producing applied analytics, evaluation of trials, business modelling and small system developments. You will develop sophisticated mathematical models and interpret results to assist with decision making by senior management.
You will be expected to initiate projects to assess business performance and make proposals for changes in working practices to senior management and play a major part in the implementation process.
The Successful Candidate:
- Knowledge of applied operational research methodologies.
- Statistical computing e.g. R, SAS
- Databases, SQL
- Good understanding of computer modelling techniques (machine learning, statistical modelling, experiment design, optimisation).
- Good knowledge of computer programming skills (C, Java, VB, Python)
- Decision making, creative and analytical skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative to stipulated time scales
- Good communication skills and able to engage with management.
- Good business knowledge.
- Good presentation skills
- Devising and developing sophisticated decision support systems to aid strategic and tactical decision making by senior and operational management.
- Designing and running presentations and training courses regarding new computer models, ensuring all management and staff are conversant with all aspects of the systems installed and provide on-going support to system users.
- Developing simulation and general business models to assist with the identification of inefficiencies and producing recommendations for improvement of business performance.
- Providing a comprehensive analytical service to all levels of management identifying trends and highlighting problem areas.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as requested by line management ensuring objectives and time scales are fully met.
To apply, send an updated resume to email@example.com