IMS Operations Engineer
|Job Title:||IMS Operations Engineer|
|Contact Name:||Lee Baigent|
|Job Published:||September 08, 2017 08:28|
Tangent International is currently looking for an Operations Engineer. As an Operations Engineer in the Americas Operations team, you will be responsible for providing on-going customer technical support to our customer. This is primarily based in there Seattle WA location, but may require the occasional visit to Dallas TX. As an experienced engineer you will also be assisting and mentoring other team members. You will be reporting to the Operations Director.
The engineer will need to be technically IMS strong, be able to assimilate new concepts quickly and be prepared to work in situations where they are learning as they work. They must be good at dealing with peers, other teams within the organization and the customer’s technical staff (good customer facing hard and soft skills including). The engineer will need to be able to work under pressure, prepared to work beyond the normal working day in order to complete work to tight time constraints or meet the needs of the customer. Also needs to be able to understand the business context of the project being delivered.
- Establish and maintain the working relationship with Operations team at Customer site.
- Drive product launch activities with customer/operations team.
- Read and understand solution architecture and requirement documents and how the solution is used to the benefit of customer and end user to be able to assess and understand the gravity of issues reported.
- Create Acceptance test plans by taking system test plan and solution description document as input.
- Configure and deliver systems & solutions.
- Perform Network integration tests, interoperability tests and Execute feature acceptance tests.
- Analyze and report issues in lab as well as production using tools and KPIs.
- Perform maintenance activities on customers’ systems as arranged with customers, including customer maintenance windows.
- Perform remote diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Provide subject matter expertise during on-site integration and customer demos.
- Provide responses and technical answers to customers and other team members regarding issues, workarounds and bug fixes. Provide recommendations on implementation.
- Mentor and assist team members within the Operations Support team.
- Respond to customer support requests, logging information in the call logging database and administer information as per the call handling and ticket escalation procedures.
- Liaise with other teams (3rd-line support, R&D, hardware and third-party software support teams) to ensure the timely resolution of customer technical issues.
- Produce system performance reports for customers and the Operations management.
- Be on-call for scheduled periods of time, and travel to customer sites for emergencies.
- Provide Tier II/III support for wireless telecommunication products deployed in customers’ live networks.
- Receive and resolve complex issues. Also manage escalations and provide root cause analysis.
- Support customers and channel partners in the certification, production deployment planning, installation, and integration phases.
- Provide ongoing support to customers through MOPs preparation/execution, upgrades, expansions and new deployments.
- Bachelors of Science in CS or EE or equivalent experience with 5 years wireless application testing, deployment or support.
- 3-4 years working experience in network troubleshooting, Unix/Linux, shell scripting and active use of SQL/Oracle is required.
- Experience in Virtualization, routing and switching, and switch configuration is a plus.
- Experience in dealing with customers in a front line support environment.
- Experience with upgrades, TAC, lab, ATP, and IOT activities.
- Experience using capturing tools like wireshark/tcpdump and analyzing traces.
- Experience and good understanding of SIP, DIAMETER, HTTP, GSM-MAP and basic understanding of TCP/UDP/SCTP/IP is required.
- Experience in telecom Core (Voice/Messaging) for 2G/3G/4G with direct experience with IMS.
- Experience in Access/Transport, though welcome, is not a substitute.
- Experience in the Telecoms industry, particularly with installing, upgrading, configuring and supporting mobile networks GSM, LTE and other mobile network applications.
- Must have basic understanding of Legacy GSM or CDMA networks and experience in IPSMGW, SBC/P-CSCF, Rich Messaging services, Voicemail Solution, WebRTC GW, I-CSCF/S-CSCF, MMSC, GSM/UMTS/CDMA MSC, or GSM/CDMA MSC.
- Experience of working in a structured environment (e.g. ISO9001).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must possess excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills.
- Flexible attitude to working in a cross-functional and multicultural organization.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Motivated self-starter and able to work assignments to completion with minimal supervision.
- Customer oriented.
- Travel Requirement: Up to 20%
Get similar jobs like these by email
By submitting your details you agree to our T&C's