Tangent International is looking for a UAE National -ICT Infrastructure and Operations Manager - for our client who are responsible for the deployment, ownership and operation of nuclear energy plants in the United Arab Emirates.
To manage and lead the infrastructure operations teams in the effort of ensuring ICT operations, meet agreed quality levels, service level targets and goals by optimizing process and infrastructure capabilities in line with the ICT goals and objectives.
Direct reports: 3
Indirect reports: 8 (including outsourced staff)
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialism’s and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, product or application.
- Produces outline systems designs and specifications, and overall architectures, topologies, configuration databases and design the documentation of networks and networking technology within the organization.
- Specifies user/system interfaces, including validation and error correction procedures, processing rules, access, security and audit controls.
- Assesses associated risks and specified recovery routings and contingency procedures. Translates logical designs into physical designs.
- Sets strategy and develops plans, policies and processes for the design, monitoring, measurement, reporting continuous improvements of service and component availability including the development and implementation of new availability techniques and methods.
- Develops strategies to ensure all the performance measures of all IT services meet the needs of the business and of any service requirement or service level agreements which may be in place.
- Ensures that the policy and standards for capacity management are fit for purpose, current and are correctly implements. Reviews the new business proposals and provides specialist advice on capacity and demand issues.
- Ensures that appropriate action is taken to anticipate, investigate and resolve problems in systems and services.
- Ensures that such problems are fully documents within the relevant reporting systems.
- Oversees the implementation of agreed remedies and preventative measures. Analyses patterns and trends.
- Drafts and maintains the policy, standards, procedures and documentation for security.
- Monitors the application and compliance of security operations procedures and reviews the information systems for actual potential breaches in security.
- Ensures that all identified breaches in security are promptly and thoroughly investigated.
- Ensures that any system changes required to maintain security are implemented.
- Ensure that security records are accurate and complete.
- Identifies and manages resources needed for the planning, development and delivery of specified information and communications systems services (including data, voice, text, audio and images).
- Influences senior levels customers and project trams through change management initiatives, ensuring that the infrastructure is managed to provide agreed levels of service and data integrity.
- Takes full responsibility for budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting.
- Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of automated systems and services in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business, where the measure of success depends on achieving clearly stated business/financial goals and performance targets.
- Monitors performance and takes corrective action where necessary.
- Manages and maintains the service compliance of all IT and service assets in line with business and regulatory requirements involving knowledge of financial and technical processes, tools and techniques thereby ensuring asset controllers, infrastructure teams and the business coordinate and maximise value, maintain control and ensure any necessary legal compliance.
- Develops implementation plans for delaing with more complex requests for change, evaluates risks to integrity of infrastructure inherent in proposed implementations, seeks authority for those activities, reviews the effectiveness of change implementation and suggests improvement to organizational procedures governing change management.
- Leads the assessment, analysis, development, documentation and implementation of changes based on requests for the change.
- Manages configuration items (CIs) and related information. Investigates and implements tools, techniques and processes for managing CIs and verifies the related information is complete, current and accurate.
- Manage the effective achievement of organizations objectives by setting individual targets, developing and motivating staff, provision of formal and informal feedback and appraisal – in order to maximise subordinate and department performance.
- Contribute to the development of UAE National employees in a manner which supports the objectives of the corporation and its Emiratization strategy.
- Contribute to knowledge dissemination/sharing in a way that assists with building internal capabilities of UAE Nationals where applicable and maximise their effective performance.
- Follow all relevant company’s HSE policies, procedures and instructions to ensure HSE compliance in all aspects of work in accordance with sound management practices by applying these HSE policies and procedures to self and others to take reasonable care for the health and safety of people or the environment who are at the employees place of work and who may be affected by the employees acts or omissions at work.
- Follow all relevant security policies, processes, procedures and instruction to ensure security compliance in all aspects of work by applying them on self, others and organization assets.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Technology.
- Preferred Masters Degree.
- ISO 27001, ISO 20000 or ITIL certification.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant work experience with at least 3 years in a managerial position.
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure related to nuclear industry requirements.
- Strategic and visionary thinker, inspirational leadership, effective decision making, personnel development, effective partnering, performance improvement, integrity and transparency, communication effectiveness, results focussed, working effectively and efficiently, team work and accountability.
- Technical specialism, information security, continuity management, network design, systems design, availability management, capacity management, problem management, security administration, IT management, asset management and change management.
- Respect for safety and security and knowledge of nuclear industry.
If this sounds like an ideal role for you? Apply now!