My client an exciting FinTech giant is looking for a talented Chief Software Architect in the Product Innovation Department, who will be taking full ownership of the design, supervision and governance of our next generation Fintech platforms.
We count on you providing solutions that enable the business team to deliver on the growth strategy. Success will be celebrated jointly. Your products are secure, scalable and rapidly deployable.
You are in sync with the best practices in software architecture and with the latest technology stacks. You will act as a trusted advisor to the management team, a partner to delivery managers and a coach to everyone involved.
Major Responsibilities include:
- Achieving an expert level understanding of products and the technologies to implement them in the markets
- Architecting and leading on-time technical delivery of our products in a way that maintains an unyielding focus on quality while matching the needs of the target timelines
- Creating solutions architecture and designs for solutions that scale to the customer's enterprise/global requirements
- Leading a team of Software Engineers/Architects (internal or third parties) to apply software engineering practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery
- Develop QA test cases
- Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality; Personally accountable for resolution of the most technologically challenging issues
- Support Delivery team during product roll-out. Being engaged and responsible of actual platform performances in terms of time to deploy, software quality, vertical and horizontal scalability, cost of IT operations
- Ensure that technical documentation is available and of the highest standards
The ideal candidate meets the following requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- At least 8 years of experience on hands-on development on Java/Spring.
- At least 4 years of experience driving team of minimum 20 technology people.
- Has implemented the most common architecture patterns
- Has experience working with two or more of data related technologies and familiarity with others from various Relational databases, Nosql databases, Caching systems, Full Text Search engines, Big Data systems.
- Has good experience with the TDD approach, doing unit testing, mocking, integration/UI testing, behaviour driven testing.
- Has good experience working with, setting up and configuring any continuous integration and delivery systems, any code quality automation technologies.
- Has experience with one or more cloud or devops services like AWS, Docker, Heroku, Digitalocean, etc.
- Strong Analytical and Quantitative skills
- Past experience in the Fintech industry is a plus
- Readiness to travel up to 25%
- Fluent in English
- Willingness to work long hours if the situation requires so