Frontend Developer - Central London
You’ll be joining my client at a really exciting time and will be part of their IT team that sits at the forefront of delivering digital strategy.
They are looking for a Frontend Developer to join the API team, to build and maintain the RESTful APIs that will underpin internal and customers digital apps.
The successful candidate will be someone that has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and is comfortable working with customers, to understand how they use core API services.
You’ll be self-motivated and keen to develop your career and do great work! And also be a strong team-player who is able and willing to roll-up their sleeves to support/nurture others when required.
- You concentrate on building working software
- Following continuous integration principles (GitFlow)
- If you change code you only ever make it better: Ratchet
- SOLID/KISS principles are followed
- Keep re-use at the forefront of your mind
- Frequently deliver high value features to our customers
- Focus on building great stuff
- Extensive knowledge and experience of HTML5 with a passion for semantics and the use of metadata/microdata
- Expert in the latest CSS standards (including BEM, CSS pre/post processors e.g. SASS/LESS/PostCSS)
- Practical experience of using mobile-first responsive design techniques and progressive enhancement
- Experience building for a CMS – fault tolerance, theming, re-usability
- A good level of understanding of source control tools e.g. Git
- Evidenced working knowledge of accessibility and the ability to write code to standards such as WCAG 2
- A passion for problem solving
- Documentation writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team within an agile setting
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong portfolio of sites developed by you demonstrating the breadth of your skills
To apply send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org