Field Technician- Japanese Speaker
|Job Title:||Field Technician- Japanese Speaker|
|Salary:||$0 - 7k per month|
|Start Date:||2012-08-21 00:00:00|
|Contact Name:||Andrew Smith|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2019 05:36|
Field Technician- Japanese Speaker required for a 12 month extendable contract. The position is looking to start ASAP. We have 3 positions available, one in each of the following location; Tokyo, Osaka, Chiba.
Our client is one of the leading telecommunications vendors globally.
For this position, we are only able to consider people who are able to fluently speak the Japanese language.
Position details and skills required are listed below:
- Minimum years of experience: 1 –3 Years, prefer 3 –5+ years
- Complete all activities associated with physically placing equipment identified in project specification documents including but not limited to routing, lacing, labeling, terminating and local / remote testing and turn up of Ethernet, switch board, fiber, and power cables.
- Handling, installation, and troubleshooting of Ethernet and fiber cables and connectors, including but not limited to CAT 5, CAT6, structured cable, fan-outs, single mode, multi-mode, RJ45, MTP/MPO, and LC.
- Utilize optical power meter, stabilized light source, VFL, OTDR, CD(Chromatic Dispersion) & PMD(Polarization Mode Dispersion) testers and test equipment to test 10/100G circuits using BERT, RFC2544, EtherSAM(Y.1564), and iPerf(1G-10G).
- Analyze and resolve network issues associated with equipment installations / removals.
- Perform and assist card level troubleshooting and replacement procedures with assistance from control centers and/or back office engineers.
- Understand Servers (HP, Dell or Equivalent) Harware Handling: Replacement Array cache/battery units, Internal storage array controller cards, Internal host bus adapter (HBA)/ fiber channel cards, hard disk drive (HDD) media, Processors or CPUs and individual memory modules. Replacement of system boards for servers and updating of applicable firmware information (BIOS settings, serial number, etc.).
- Understand Servers (HP, Dell or Equivalent) Software Handling: Configuration Management (Initial server BIOS configuration, asset tag, serial number, MAC address recording, and completion of requested documentation associated with server pre-configuration). Software configurations & Install for requiring direct physical media connection (e.g. USB key).
- Interpret and follow detailed method of procedures (MOPS) and engineering documents / diagrams.
- Review project specifications to validate equipment placement, cable assignments and determine cable lengths then document results in proprietary databases.
- Provide timely and accurate feedback to site survey requests.
- Understand and follow all common and industry specific safety standards to protect personnel and assure network integrity / reliability.
- Inventory, receive, and ship materials using appropriate databases.
- Document project milestones, notes, job information memorandum, and submit ready for service notifications in ETS to gain Operations acceptance for all completed projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours (i.e., shift work), to include nights and weekends, when needed.
- prior experience working as a Field Technician or Field Engineer in the Telecommunications Industry is highly desired.
- In-depth knowledge of Fiber Optics and IP transport equipment installation and basic testing methods and procedures (MOPs).
- Knowledge of operating principles of wireline and IP transport environments.
- Ability to interpret and perform tasks outlined in MOPs, vendor documentation, technical specifications, network practices, engineering letters and job aids.
- Ability to identify all colors associated with telecommunications cable and equipment indicator lights.
- Ability to work in overhead rack or grid for extended periods of time pulling long lengths of heavy cables.
- Ability to learn and retain physical and mechanical installation specifications.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English & Japanese language.
- Understanding of basic mechanical terms and tools.
- The ability to use hand tools, power tools and industry test equipment including VeEX & EXFO.
- Possess a smartphone capable of taking pictures and utilizing apps
Please submit your CV if interested