EPC Engineer required for a 12 month extendable contract based in Riyadh, KSA
The position is looking to start ASAP and will provide the following package - SAR 12,000 per month +Iqama +$500 annual flight allowance +medical insurance + 30 days paid vacation +end of service bonus.
EPC Engineer is responsible for the overall Quality of Service, performance data, SLA and KPIs in the Network Operations Centre. The responsibilities cover the following:
- Responsible for all PS Core / SAPC nodes (SGSN-MME MkVIII, EPG-SSR, SSR 8010, SAPC, DNS IPworks, Extreme switch) especially from Operation & Maintenance and Configuration point of view.
- SGSN-MME configuration
- EPG Platform Configuration & SACC configuration ( SPI, DPI, Heuristics )
- SAPC configuration
- IP networking configuration for SSR 8010 and Extreme switch
- DNS IP works configuration
- End to End O&M troubleshooting for all PS Core services
- To participate in the 24-hour emergency standby, according to a roster.
- Responsible for all technical matters related to PS Core system
- Responsible for the modification of existing system routines, creation of new and temporary routines and follow up.
- Responsible for all software contents of the system and the PS Core Services.
- Send/receive/follow up with trouble reports sent to the supplier/customer.
- Handle and follow up all escalated problems.
- Distribute all new and upgraded documentation in accordance to SW, HW and equipment.
- Offer expert knowledge concerning system problems in the PS core node.
- Offer expert knowledge concerning parameters and configuration.
- Implement software and parameter changes in the SGSN-MME, EPG, Smart Edge and SSR.
- Real time monitoring of Service and Network quality and capacity. Analyse and reporting of Service and Network quality.
- Perform preventative & corrective maintenance.
- Coordinate with support to have second level support or consultation
- Initiate Service and Network improvements and optimisation activities.
- Initiate temporary Service and Network reconfigurations, if performance is not satisfactory.
- Drive tool development for delivery and management of new services.
- Analyse failure trends and identify chronic failures.
- Provide performance data and determine impact of service problems on service performance.
- Provide optimum use of the existing Networks.
- Recommend service redesign.
The successful candidate will have the following skill set
- Minimum five years of hands on experience of Ericsson PS Core solution including SGSN-MME, EPG-SSR, SSR 8010,IPworks, SAPC administration, tool management and O&M tasks
- Advanced PC/EPC System architecture knowledge
- Advanced PC/EPC protocols and technical specifications knowledge
- GSM/WCDMA/LTE end to end understanding
- IP Networking knowledge and hands on
- Ericsson SGSN-MME, EPG-SSR, SSR, SAPC software architecture knowledge
- Ericsson SGSN-MME, EPG-SSR, SSR, SAPC Hardware knowledge and hands on
- SGSN-MME, EPG-SSR, SAPC, DNS, SSR Configuration
- Advanced troubleshooting skills ( Tracing, Log file analysis, EBM analysis)
- PC/EPC KPIs understanding
- Unix / Linux system administration & Scripting
If you would be interested in applying for this position, please submit your CV