Ross is looking for an Enterprise Architect to work on a 6-month rolling contract. The role is remotely based but candidates must be based in Europe due to the hours you will be required to support clients.
• The technical architect will be assigned to work with one or more development project teams, either on a long-term basis or for the duration of specific projects. In this role they will be expected to:
• Agree what technology should be used in the proposed solution. Working with the programme architect, the applications architect and third parties as appropriate, they will be responsible for ensuring that a document describing the technical architecture for the programme/project is produced.
• Ensure that all technology selected for the programme conforms to the client’s technical long term strategy, or that an appropriate level of agreement has been obtained where it does not.
• Take responsibility for the detailed design of the technology layer of the agreed solution. Technical architects are not expected to do the whole architecture design personally, but are expected to pull in appropriate skills and to develop an overall understanding of the technical architecture for the programme/major project
• Ensure that proposed infrastructure designs are viable and lead the initial implementation process to prove their viability.
• To advise on capacity planning of the existing IT infrastructure, taking regular feedback from support team for existing issues and advice on technical architecture to overcome issues.
• become a central point of understanding of the complete end-to-end technical architecture for the business area concerned
• When devising technical solutions ensure that other staffs in the IT department is consulted appropriately.
• Should also be able to help "troubleshoot" when issues arise in the Datacenter, hence HANDS-ON experience is essential
• The technical architect will also be expected to champion the technical architecture within the team, and to contribute to the development of the client’s technical architecture:
• Extend the technical architecture into new areas as required to support development projects
• Lead the process of agreeing and/or documenting technology recommendations in areas not yet formally covered by the technical architecture
• Work on research and development/implementation projects to establish new technical offerings in advance of development project needs.
• Lead Architecture and design of IT Infrastructure solutions based on requirements from the business making use of existing IT capabilities and services in the company.
• Work on creating standard Reference Architecture for each Technology domains which includes Compute, Storage, Backup, Network, Security, EUC and Tools. This reusable component will be used by Architecture team.
• Handle both Strategic initiatives and In-flight projects related to each Technology Domain.
• Develop Technology Strategy and Roadmap for IT Infrastructure.
• Setup a team for Strategic initiatives and In-flight projects.
• Understand the business and application requirement and translate it into an Infrastructure solution.
• Provide value add in optimizing Technology for Business in order to reduce Cost of IT.
• Alignment of Business processes with Technology wherever needed for deriving better Business results (profits).
• Create whitepapers on emerging technologies that can be showcased to customers.
• The candidate needs to own Architecture and Design in a large architecture project. The candidate should be technically competent to Architecture and Design a solution with minimal help
• The candidate should be able to work with project management team to develop project plan and project manage the entire project.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience:
• Education Qualification - Should be a minimum B.Tech / BS /MCA in Computer Sc.
• Total Experience –10 to 14 Yrs. ; Relevant Experience – 6 to 8 years
• Should have core experience of working on IT Strategy & IT Consulting engagements
• Should be well versed in developing IT relates Business Cases / Financial Cases.
• Should be experienced in operational services, compliance , capacity analysis and vendor management
• TOGAF or Zachman certfications desired
• Extensive hands-on technical skills to cover installation, configuration, administration and advanced troubleshooting
• Experience of working within a Service environment and technical teams of IT experts
• Experience of working on ITIL ticketing systems (SNOW, Remedy), understand ITIL framework
• Experience in representation in Change Advisory Board (CAB) meetings
• Experience of being able to highlight issues and solutions
• Experience of managing outsourced or offshore supplier support groups
• Strong verbal/written communication skills
• Sound knowledge of Windows 2012/2013 server Architecture and Features
• Experience in Windows 2003/2008 migration to Windows 2012/2013
• Excellent experience in VMWARE ESX 5x Architecture and Features.
• Excellent knowledge of SQL / Citrix platform and Data storage and backup technologies
• Experience in Platform Design and Migration
• A "can do" attitude to deliver in a programme or project environment to very tight timescales
• Established experience in working within large and complex teams
• Excellent communication and presentation skills and experience of working at senior levels within organisations
Technical / professional qualifications:
• A broad understanding of enterprise-class technologies.
• Detailed understanding of UNIX (Solaris, AIX), Databases (Oracle, SQL) and SAN (Mainly Hitachi Storage Boxes and preferably Cisco SAN Switches).
• Experience in handling a Data Centre Move / Migration from one Data Centre to another
• Ability to interface with Applications Team to understand the application landscape and their interface to different systems in the IT landscape
• Should have thorough Hands-On/Consulting/Planning experience (5 to 6 yrs) in the following Technology Areas: Server Technologies, Storage Technologies, Virtualization Technologies, Operating Systems (Linux, Solaris, AIX & Windows. Good to have Mainframe)
• Holistic view of IT Infrastructure
• Must carry good knowledge on Middleware Technologies (WebSphere Product suits, WebLogic product suits, IIS, Tomcat & Apache and other open sources App, Web and Document management tool/technologies etc..)
• Good to have exposure in Informatica, Drupal for Content Manager, SharePoint, C#, Business Objects and Autosys
• Domain Skills that are required are classified into the following categories
- Expert – Extensive and substantial practical and applied knowledge on the subject.
- Knowledge – Detailed knowledge of the subject area and capable of providing professional advice and guidance. Ability to integrate capability into Architecture design.
- Awareness – Understands the issues, background and implications sufficiently to be able to understand how to proceed further and advice client accordingly.
• The candidate should have expert knowledge in one or two Domains and knowledge and Awareness in other areas as mentioned below:
- Design of Server Virtualization Solution
- Cloud Computing
- Design of Storage/Backup Solutions
- Networking, WAN optimization
Data Center Concepts, Industry trends, Best practices
Data Migration, Consolidation, Optimization
• Knowledge of some of the following applications from an Infrastructure viewpoint is required
- SharePoint, Exchange, Database, Middleware, Web service
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to translate IT technical language into everyday terms which users can understand, specifically non-technical senior management
• Ability to interact with customers so as to ensure that the service is flexible, efficient and responsive
• To work through issues analytically to a successful conclusion
• Demonstrable results in a business customer facing role, with a track record of delivering services to defined service levels.
• Experience in the management of multi-discipline teams in distributed locations.
• Experience of working in an Operational environment alongside other technical and operational teams, ensuring that all parties collaborate effectively to deliver services.
• Use of ITIL service management framework to deliver best practice capabilities for TNT.
• Proven ability to deliver improvements that deliver greater value to the customer and business through more efficient delivery and/or lower costs.