Tangent International currently have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Safety Compliance Engineer to join a global leader in Food & Beverage based in Northern Ireland.
Purpose of Role
The role will be assisting to lead the development and reporting of safety compliance technical standards to ensure compliance internally and external facing. And providing specialist input to capital expenditure and maintenance initiatives including third parties interaction where required across all areas of the business. The successful candidate will be extensively trained on the Legislative areas.
Examples are the following:-
- Electrical legislation compliance HV / LV
- Functional Safety (SIL)
- DSEAR and hazardous area inspections
- Machinery safety (PUWER)
- Lightning protection
- Standardisation on electrical, control and instrumentation equipment
- Process control safety functions
- Assist in leading the engineering community, ensuring knowledge of engineering compliance and guidance is delivered.
- Responsible in delivering engineering assessments at sites and validation of core competence of third parties for legal engineering compliance areas within the purpose and scope.
- Assist in developing engineering strategies for electrical and process control.
- Assist in delivering capital expenditure projects relating to safety compliance for new equipment purchases.
- Drive the engineering GRMS / SFIP areas with support, detailed knowledge and influencing skills for functional compliance.
- Find and evaluate new engineering solutions and related information systems network communications areas and influence others to implement.
- Degree level in Electrical & Process Control engineering or similar with minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- HNC level in Electrical & Process Control engineering or similar with at least 3 to 5 years of related experience
- Health and Safety qualification (NEBOSH)
- Full UK clean driving licence
- Firm understanding of Legal requirements such as Electrical Safety, COMAH, PUWER, Machinery Safety, Functional Safety (SIL), DSEAR, HV / LV and Hazardous area working.
Applicants MUST be willing to; Drive, travel and stay between sites.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com