The Director, Next Generation Applications will lead a diverse product teams of developers that maintain and enhance highly complex enterprise-wide technology solutions to support the achievement of UC business objectives. The position reports directly to the SVP, UC R&D and is accountable for delivering end-to-end technology solutions, in line with strategic business objectives and priorities. The incumbent provides technical insight, oversight, strategic context, direction and leadership to the teams involved. The ideal candidate will combine strong leadership skills, hands-on technical capabilities, and a knack for strategically managing technology resources to meet business goals.
- Key relationships with senior leaders across a multi-functional business, including executive-level leaders. Lead and develop a team of Developers and work closely with the UC R&D team to build and implement next generation application solutions.
- LEAD a team building timely, effective, sustainable, and profitable communication application solutions
- Collaborate with other functional groups to ensure encompassing input on development initiatives
- Establish a culture of excellence while maintaining a strong focus on operational sustainability and GROWTH
- Establish and maintain appropriate procedures for developing and supporting web-based and mobile applications including clients and backend.
- Proactive and strategic workforce planning considerate of employee and team performance, building a LEARNING culture within the team
- Effectively build and manage a budget to ensure fiscal responsibility without negatively impacting results
- Identify and formalize processes, incorporating systems and tools to ensure accurate and on-time delivery of products and services
- Maintain flexibility and embrace CHANGE as an integral need for sustained success
- Keep informed of issues and risks across all technology functions and mitigate accordingly
- Be the champion of getting things done with a commitment to doing them well
- Collaborate on special projects as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years’ R&D experience
- Demonstrated experience effectively leading large, multi-site teams and building a culture driven for results
- Proven track record overseeing product development from concept to successful implementation
- Experience with AGILE product development and DevOps
- Demonstrated proficiency and experience in the ongoing performance management of a team of direct reports
- Experience in Amazon and/or Google cloud platforms and microservices architectures is considered a strong asset
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions from complex technical material and other inputs
- Strong experience with process improvement and documentation
- Excellent project management and organization skills
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication, presentation, and influencing skills
- Proven ease in forming effective partnerships with other team members
- Ability to be flexible and work analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Ability to manage workload and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work independently effectively leading a geographically dispersed team
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in relevant field