Devops Engineer / Systems Administrator - Perm - Epsom - Surrey - Up to £75k
A fantastic opportunity for an experienced DevOps Engineer / Systems Administrator to join a nimble and creative leader in the Big Data industry, willing to invest in you, your future development and success. This is a permanent role.
Where the business is currently growing rapidly there are a number of new, fresh and "Greenfield" projects that the new hire for this creative enterprise will get to be a part of. If you are enjoy working on the latest technologies then this role is for you.
- Experience of working with Terraform/CloudFormation & configuration management tools – Puppet and/or Ansible/Chef/Salt
- Proven experience of building and managing continual automation, deployment & delivery environments
- Experience of running infrastructures on cloud platforms, appreciation for their failure modes, and designing HA architectures
- Strong knowledge of Linux OS – Ubuntu/Debian preferably CI/CD tools – Gitlab/Jenkins
- Containerisation – Kubernetes/Docker Swarm
- Monitoring/Logging/Metric tools – Prometheus/InfluxDB/Graphite & Grafana Strong scripting knowledge – Bash/Python
- Excellent team working skills and ability to manage own workload
- A willingness to learn new things and experiment with new technologies Security focused, best practices and governance
- Hands on experience with AWS, Azure, Google or Openstack
- Core networking experience (CCNA certified) – VPN, VLANs, routers, firewall, load balancers Knowledge of the full development lifecycle, agile practices such as Scrum/Kanban
- Disaster recovery planning, scaling, high availability & backup knowledge Experience with virtualisation – VMWare
- Experience with version control – Git Experience with Let's EncryptExperience with Hadoop clusters & Big Data architectures
- NoSQL (Cassandra/MongoDB/Redis) - Cluster administration, backup Messaging-oriented Middleware – Kafka & RabbitMQ/ActiveMQ Relational DB – Postgres/MySQL
Salary will range from £60-£75k per annum for the right candidate depending upon experience and interview performance.
If you are considering new opportunities please do contact Martin McClenaghan on 01277 635819 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.