Deployment Engineer, Dublin
|Job Title:||Deployment Engineer, Dublin|
|Salary:||£43.9k - 52.7k per year|
|Start Date:||30th April 2018|
|Contact Name:||Ashleigh Ryan|
|Job Published:||March 23, 2018 15:20|
Deployment Engineer / Dublin / 50,000€ - 60,000€
Tangent International are currnetly looking for a Deployment Engineer, for our client, one of the fastest growing vendors in the market.
Position Title Deployment Engineer – DevOps
- Install, configure, integrate and test new/ upgraded solutions within customer networks.
- Set up continuous software delivery process and automated test environment for customers.
- Software (OS & Product) installation in customer network.
- Product integration to the customer core telco network.
- Configure product to customer requirements.
- Perform acceptance testing with customer.
- Project reporting and issue tracking.
- Attend internal and customer facing project meetings.
- Document system installation and handover to Support team.
- Provide product/ technical training to customers.
- Liaise with customer representatives on issues.
- Troubleshoot and analyse problems; answer customer queries; implement configuration requests; install software updates, patches and change requests.
- Escalate complex technical issues to product specialists and the development team.
- Create incident reports and customer facing procedure documents.
- Participate in on call support roster.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through excellent customer care in deployment, support & troubleshooting
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Knowledge of Linux administration is essential
- Knowledge of Telecommunication protocols is desirable
- Networking, TCP/IP routing a distinct desirable
- Virtualisation technologies desirable
- Experience working in a DevOps, continuous delivery environment a distinct advantage
- Scripting is an advantage – Perl, Python, Shell
- Basic Knowledge of SQL an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines is essential
- Multi –tasker
- Creative Problem Solving abilities
- Willingness to learn new technologies
- Self Starter with the ability to work pro – actively
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to create and maintain excellent relationships with the customer
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to travel to all continents. Project Deployments and Customer training is normally carried out at the customer premises so travel can be up to 25%