|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Joseph McNulty|
|Job Published:||August 03, 2021 09:21|
Joe is looking for a Database Administrator to work on a 6-month extendable contract in Manila, The Philippines. Local candidates are required due to visa restrictions.
You must have 3-6 years’ experience as a DBA in a large environment handling Oracle and Hadoop. Responsible for handling physical and applicative database administration activities supporting end2end life cycle of the product from a database perspective.
Skill: Oracle and Hadoop DBA
- You will design strategy for DB working processes (e.g. backup & recovery) during project life cycle and translate and guide until implementation;
- You will ensure availability and performance of multiple databases and application environments with very large volumes and sizes.
- You will perform routine DBA tasks like database maintenance, backups, recovery, table space management, upgrades, etc.
- You will execute periodic health checks for databases and recommend changes that should be executed in the production environment to ensure optimal performance.
- You will interact and work with multiple infra and IT teams as part of environment setup, maintenance and support
- You will work closely with developers, assist them with database structure design as of business needs (e.g. indexes, constraints, integrity)
- You will work on Big Data Hadoop tasks like: Configuration, Hbase replication, split regions, compaction, Long running Job, hbase/hive data cleanup, hbase inconsistencies, disk addition on data nodes , Hadoop node addition etc.
- 3-6 years’ experience as a DBA in large environment
- Experience as DBA - 12c - database management and architecture
- Experience with Oracle RAC and ASM
- Database patching
- Oracle Dataguard and RMAN
- Experience in Oracle Database upgrades.
- Desirable experience : Hadoop(Cloudera, hbase, hdfs)
- Cloudera/Hbase upgrades
- You will have the ability to work with Linux/Unix based OS Environment
- Hands on experience in oracle performance tuning
- Preferred –SHELL Scripting, Python Language
- Experience in working with large scale projects and databases highly advantageous
- Ability to effectively multitask, work in a team and ability to deliver against deadlines and under pressure