|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Contact Name:||Sam Fullman|
|Job Published:||August 14, 2020 12:38|
Sam is currently looking for a Database Administrator to work in Basel, Switzerland on a permanent basis for a global finance company.
- Incident, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Availability and Capacity Management for the database stacks (Oracle, MSSQL, DB2-LUW, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Initial setup or update, patching for these databases
- Responsible for script development/ update in different scripting (Shell and Perl).
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring team members.
- Responds to all database alerts, warnings, and errors in a timely, consistent manner.
- Must have 6-8 years of hands-on experience working with databases like Oracle, MS-SQL, DB2-LUW, MySQL or PostgreSQL in a Linux environment.
- Must have experience developing, modifying and maintaining shell scripts (bash, Perl, etc.).
- Should have a working knowledge of disk storage array technology and its application to Oracle ASM/RAC
- Know-how of Unix is important.
- Shell/Perl scripting knowledge is required.