|Job Title:||Database Administrator|
|Salary:||$2k - 3.2k per month|
|Contact Name:||Sims Nyandeni|
|Job Published:||October 02, 2018 11:14|
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the database servers by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Applies revisions to the software versions. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
- Expert in handling Microsoft SQL databases of multiple versions from 2008 till 2017, with topologies including Failover Cluster and Always On availability groups
- Experience in performance optimization of large SQL server clusters with several instances & DBs
- Experience in managing, updating and performance optimization of Oracle Exadata
- Performs data modeling and database design
- Evaluates and make recommendations on new database methodologies or implementation strategies.
- Handles reporting and Power BI servers to generates reports and to create dashboards as required
- Maintains security and integrity controls of the database, and database software tools. Experience in using solutions like Imperva or Guardium
- Responds to the automated alerts on the health of systems, and experiences in analyzing DB monitoring tools like Dynatrace
- Experience in backup and restore of databases at various levels (instance, DB, tables, row, etc.)
- Experience in troubleshooting the integration and access of the applications built on SharePoint, .NET, Oracle forms, etc.
- Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability, and automation of tasks.
- Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
- Ensures that records of system downtime and inventory are properly maintained. Ensures all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, methods and procedures.