Database Admin - Subject Matter Expert required for a 12 month extendable contract based in Riyadh, KSA.
The position is looking to start ASAP and will be paying a monthly salary of SAR 17,000 plus usual KSA benefits.
Our client is one of the major global telecommunications vendors, experience working in telecommunications will be beneficial.
The DBA SME works as a team member along with the IT Operations Manager and supporting team members to deliver the complete solution of Vendor Management for the customer
The main duties for the position are mentioned below:
- Perform all activities to ensure efficiency, security and integrity of server systems, including refining database design, supporting users, conducting regular checks and administering and maintaining Oracle and MySQL/PostgreSQL databases.
- Install, configure, maintain, troubleshoot, upgrade, monitor, tune and administer databases (Oracle/MySQL/PostgreSQL)
- Monitor the databases on a daily basis, track performance and manage parameters.
- Conduct regular database backups and maintain and administer backup files and hardware.
- Perform DB Health checks and ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Provide Tier (2) user support in case database-related problems
- Recommend new database systems and equipment additions pertaining to the database administration.
- Participate in assessing users requirements and needs and monitor user access and ensure security compliance.
- Develop database documentation including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary.
- Assist in installing and testing new versions of the database management systems.
- Liaise with database services vendors and providers to monitor service performance and ensure compliance
- Act as a couch to Database Administrator Support and provide feedback with regards to their performance and learning capabilities.
- Control and manage database access authorizations and privileges as per Superintendent Infrastructure and Senior Database Administrators directives.
- Follow-up DB capacity planning across different software systems
- Ensure data consistency across the databases and data accessibility by concurrent users
- Ensure data is secured and can be recovered easily (disaster recovery)
If you would be interested in applying, please submit your CV